CHRISTIAN WAYS TO REDUCE STRESS ... ANOTHER GREAT JW EMAIL

by whereami 3 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

Oh the irony!!!!

CHRISTIAN WAYS TO REDUCE STRESS ...

An wise person says, "Never borrow from thefuture.
    If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't
    happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice."

1. Pray to Jehovah
    2. Go to bed on time. Can't do that, gotta study for the next meeting
    3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed. Hard to do after studying so much for the meetings
    4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health. Great advice, I'll start not going to the meetings then.
    5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
    6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
    7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.) Jehovah says keep your life simple.
    8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
    9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
    10. Take one day at a time.
    11. Separate worries from concerns . If a situation is a concern, find out what Jehovah God would have you do and
    let go of the anxiety . If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
    12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
    13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
    14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
    15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
    16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.
    17. Get enough rest.
    18. Eat right.
    19. Get organized so everything has its place.
    20. Listen to a tape (perhaps Watchtower CD)while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
    21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
    22. Every day, find time to be alone.
    23. Having problems? Talk to Jehovah God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's
    time to go to bed to try and pray.
    24. Make friends with Jehovh's people.
    25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
    26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good "Thank you Jehovah for the Ransom of
    your Son!"
    27. Laugh.
    28. Laugh some more!
    29. Take your work or ministry seriously, but not yourself at all.
    30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can). Forgive others so you also can be forgiven.
    31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
    32. Sit on your ego.
    33 Talk less; listen more.
    34. Slow down.
    35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
    36. Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before.
    ALMIGHTY GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING THINGS AROUND FOR YOU.
    "If Jehovah is for us, who can be against us?"
    (Romans 8:31)

• whereami
    whereami

Sorry everyone, i was writing my responses to these individual points and hit the send button to soon.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

These JW emails are funny. You can tell that someone lifted this information out of a Stephen Covey book or a Reader's Digest article, and then inserted words like "Jehovah", "meetings", and "Bible reading" to give it a theocratic flavor.

Is it any coincidence that members of legalistic / works oriented organizations need so many stress reducing strategies?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    2. Go to bed on time. Can't do that, gotta study for the next meeting
    3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.

Well, I think I will skip the boasting session so I can get to bed on time and get up on time [for work].

Simplify and unclutter your life.

That means anything to do with field circus has to go.

Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.

I think the first thing to cut back on is donations to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. I will also cut out boasting sessions and field circus. The money I save on car bills, gas, fast "food" bills, and field circus supplies should help me pay for my other toys.

K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.

That means, if I do find myself in field circus and they are starting to drive by the street or house they are looking for and I notice it, I will keep my big mouth shut. Hopefully, it prevents them from finding the house and prevents an enormous amount of trouble for that householder or the one that they don't reach because they wasted extra time finding that call.

17. Get enough rest.
    18. Eat right.

I will have to quit boasting sessions and field circus to accomplish these.

Get organized so everything has its place.

Like all my littera-trash, suits that do not look good outside field circus, my circus bag, etc. I found the place assigned for that: The Dumpster.

Listen to a tape (perhaps Watchtower CD)while driving that can help improve your quality of life.

Good advice--except, instead of a Washtowel CD, I will listen to a tape I recorded off 50 Cent's CDs.

Every day, find time to be alone.

Like the time I am supposed to be at the boasting sessions or out in field circus.

Make friends with Jehovh's people.

Just try basing that friendship on sound principles instead of agreement with the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

27. Laugh.
    28. Laugh some more!

Like when the boasting sessions get cancelled for snow or someone makes a "bad" comment. Or, when Brother Hounder gets disfellowshipped for molesting children, and they get embarrassed on NBC for harboring pedophiles. Or, when they are about $500 in the hole for the month.

Take your work or ministry seriously.

OK, I will take my apostasy seriously.

Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can). Forgive others so you also can be forgiven.

Like forgiving a worldly person for trying to dissuade me from joining the cancer. Or apostates that are doing their best to expose the cancer for what it is. Or someone who simply makes a mistake. However, I will not forgive those who make it their life to run my life and to push me in a cult within a cult. And I will not forgive those who make up the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

Slow down.

Good advice--that is, slow down by going to fewer boasting sessions and cutting back in field circus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit