Just got my copy of "In Search of Christian Freedom"

by JimmyPage 3 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

After reading "Combatting Cult Mind Control" and "Crisis of Conscience" I wondered what I would read next.

I really enjoyed "CoC" and I saw a lot of posts on JWD that mentioned how "In Search Of" helps JWs overcome their aversion to birthdays and holidays. I feel like that's what I need now to help fully deprogram myself.

I was already okay with holidays in the past when I was inactive and dated "worldly" girls but I understand that this book gives the necessary reasoning from a Biblical viewpoint on these matters.

My child's birthday is coming up soon and I am really looking forward to celebrating it and passing on a sense of normalcy about it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I think you'll enjoy ISOCF. Ray deconstructs many of the core beliefs of JWs, using the Bible. The chapter on the "Misuse of Disfellowshipping" and the chapter on Blood are both excellent.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

We celebrated our daughter's 4th birthday this week. Felt strange and good at the same time. ISoCF is a great book that helps new Christians find that much needed balance after years of WTS abuse.

• happy2bfree
    happy2bfree

These two publications: "Crisis of Conscience" and "In Search of Christian Freedom", written by a former member of the governing body are invaluable to all who wish to learn the truth about the double standards, the deception and cover-up practised by the governing body of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

My wife and I are very grateful to Ray Franz for exposing the evils of disfellowshipping, shunning and their claims of being "spirit directed." These publications opened our eyes as well as the eyes of countless thousands throughout the world.

They are available at: http://www.commentarypress.com/ which is Ray’s own website. If you get them from him directly they are better priced, his service is excellent and he doesn’t have to pay commission.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit