Guess where I get to go this Sunday....Metallica Concert!! YAY

by FreedomFrog 9 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

This will be my first concert ever and I was just invited to go this Sunday.

Oh man, if my mom ever knew I was going, she'd be demonizing me up and down...lol

I'm so excited.

~Froggy~

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

That's so demonized...sorry, have fun I'm booked in to see Billy Joel in 2 weeks OOOhhh demonized Billy Rock ON!!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

YEAH !!!!!!!!

I just bought my husband and I tickets to Metallica for his Birthday ! We are going this Saturday in Moline , IL.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Now Freedom Frog, you know the society has continually warned us about the dangers of heavy metal music. Have you considered the impact this will have on your Christian conscience?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Don't get rid of your ticket, if you go on their website after the show if you imput your ticket number I believe you can dl an MP3 of the show you went to.

Metallica still trying to make up for the fact they screwed with Napster.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Now Freedom Frog, you know the society has continually warned us about the dangers of heavy metal music. Have you considered the impact this will have on your Christian conscience?

Yeah yeah...I know...(shuffles feet derisorily)......did I say "YAY"? lol

Don't get rid of your ticket, if you go on their website after the show if you imput your ticket number I believe you can dl an MP3 of the show you went to.

That's good to know...I'll check it out.

I just bought my husband and I tickets to Metallica for his Birthday ! We are going this Saturday in Moline , IL.

Kewl! That's only one day away...Edit to add...happpy birthday to your hubby.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

A few yrs. ago when our oldest son was about 18 and still lived at home( and we were all still active JW's )We told him it wouldn't be right for him to go to the concert because they were just too Heavy Metal, and it could stumble someone else in the congregation !
    After he left the room my husband and I both looked at each other ,and said we wish we could go see them ourselves . We had to set the good christian parent role though .

He did go to the concert without our approval and when he got back he told us "I know you guys are going to be mad at me BUT it was the best concert ever !"
    We told him we really didn't care just don't go blabbing it around the kingdom hall .

Now finally we get to see them for ourselves !!!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Say 'hello' to Satan & Co. for me while you're there.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Wait a minute. My JW wife and her JW best friend are both going to see Metallica this month.

Is it not considered wholesome entertainment that would please Jehovah?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I remember going to see Dave Matthews while I was still a JW, and the feeling I got like it was so bad and wrong. I had a blast, was not my first concert, but first as a JW. Have a great time, I got Metallica's new cd and it's great! purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit