JW parents apreciate it when the State saves their children

by Hiddenwindow 2 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

http://www.catholic.org/hf/health/story.php?id=30411

I have seen similar cases before. When JW parents find themselves in the middle of obeying the WT or letting their children die, they usually obey the WT (we all know what indoctrination and fear mean). However, when the State decides to take action and save the child involved, most parents feel thankful. This is aparently what happened here.

attorney Jo Ann Pietro _ appointed by a judge at the instigation of the hospital _ to take over as the child's temporary special medical guardian.

"My feeling was that they were relieved," Pietro says of the parents. "I just said, 'Look, if you don't consent to this, your child will die. She will never get to choose whether or not she even wanted to be a Jehovah's Witness.'"
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I agreed with the attorney when I read the story. In WA state, they overrule the parent in cases of minor children(under a certain age, poor Dennis!) and 'force' the care on them. Eventually. That is the problem. They wait till too late in too many cases-like with my cousin. They will fight it-halfheartedly, but most just want their kids to live w/o their being blamed in the congregation. The court taking over leaves their hands clean and them w/o any 'bloodguilt'(ironically named).

• Balsam
    Balsam

North Carolina also protects the children from parents who have weird beliefs about medical proceedures. But some hospitals are not so well informed and don't realize they have every right to protect the life of the minor and act too late.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit