Re: Tract left at my door 06-Nov-08 19:18

by Melody Blankenship 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

In response to Bumble Bee from the above listed post wherein she stated that a JW tract was left in her mailbox......I think that is against the law (pretty sure it is here in the USA) and you might have a lawsuit against the WTBTS. I do believe that anything that is left in your mailbox is supposed to have the proper postage attached. Just my thoughts but you might want to "ask a lawyer." God Bless You!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    I think that is against the law (pretty sure it is here in the USA) and you might have a lawsuit against the WTBTS.

I know it's illegal in the USA to leave anything in a mailbox except outgoing mail with proper postage or incoming mail from the post office. Outgoing mail has to be mailable--that is, it needs to have a proper address and a stamp with the correct postage (they might forgive someone that forgot to put a stamp on it, but not if it isn't even properly addressed). And only the mailman is allowed to leave incoming items.

If someone puts your waste of paper in the mailbox, I advise complaining to the Post Master about it. Be sure to identify that it comes from Jehovah's Witnesses, and try to give them the congregation location. Of course, they are going to do all they can to make it difficult for the authorities to clear this, so be prepared to press extra charges of obstruction of justice against the congregation in addition to the original one of leaving the waste of paper. It will get them in much worse trouble, and give them even worse publicity that could result in stagnation of the whole congregation (the original offense would have only been a waste of money and time on a fine).

• halcyon
    halcyon

If it's the post I remember reading, I think she lives in Canada. I know cuz that stuck out at me right away so I looked ... unless she's put a fake home country in her profile (like me) ...

• ferret
    ferret

It's also against the law in Canada ... but never enforced.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

as a former temp mail man, leaving tracts wts etc in mail box is illegal. call the postal police, can get their # but calling nearest post office and asking for it and letting them know whats going on.

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

Bumblebee:

I do hope you will consider calling your local post office and reporting this. This could get these people in a "heap of trouble," like they need any help in doing that themselves. At least it would give the speakers at the next brainwashing session a new topic to speak about,,,,

"Fools, do not put our WTBTS trash in people's mailboxes. It's illegal and they are talking about it on the internet.....that tool of SATAN!"

Be Blessed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit