Would like to compliment and commend both candidates on being a class act

by StoneWall 3 Replies latest jw friends

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

I generally don't have much to say on the polical field.
    As I mentioned on a previous thread I thought either candidate would be a much better choice than what we've been thru the last eight years here in U.S.A.
    With that said I must say I really appreciated how fast McCain got to the concession speech and didn't wait till hours on end hoping for a recount or a error on ballot counting etc. He showed total class in my opinion and handled the speech admiringly.

Now to Obama. As I watched his acceptance speech tonight I saw not a man that was gloating with victory and arrogance but rather a man who walked to the stage with dignity, calmness,composure. I liked how in his speech he included the words "yes we can" in many places. Not putting too much emphasis on himself by saying I can or I will but that yes we can.

What i saw tonight by both of the candidates made me think all of us on this board as well as people throughout the world could learn much of how to treat others from both of these men. Even if we do not agree with something someone says or believes, it still doesn't mean we can't show respect and deep concern for their feelings.

How about any of you? Anything you would like to add about what you saw or heard from either or both candidates tonight?

Regards,
    StoneWall

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

It was great, indeed. Their genorosity was very commendable. Let us hope and pray the good words will be put in action...

• jws
    jws

I said to my wife when I saw it, that it was the best speech I've seen McCain give. I later heard pundits saying if he gave speeches like that during the campaign, he might have won. I agree. McCain and his party have not been showing much class for the past few months. It was refreshing to see it last night (although his audience could stand a few lessons).

Karl Rove actually sounded very complimentary of Obama as well - or at least the historic nature of it.

Despite various voting issues, there was a clear-cut winner last night unlike the last 2 elections where there was still uncertainty and a potential for a change in winners and neither side wanted to admit defeat. I think that will help us move forward. Nobody has to feel like the election was stolen.

I know there are some real entrenched ideologues like Rush Limbaugh, but I think most of America can probably move on with Obama and start to heal that division. I really think Obama will win over many of those who voted against him in the coming years. Something Bush never really seemed to do.

It feels good to have a president that most of us can respect and the rest of the world seems pleased with too. It's like a return to the days when the presidency meant something to all of us. Before scandals like Watergate, Iran-Contra, Monica Lewinski, and the Iraq debacle.

Today just feels good for America!

• littletree
    littletree

Stonewall, I don't know you, but thank you for making me feel better. I agree with you 100%, that both candidates are classy guys. I had been feeling discouraged by some of the nasty comments that I saw/see on blogs and even this very site last night, so it's just so wonderful to hear people speak positively in behalf of both candidates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit