questions about a letter.

by lancelink 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lancelink
    lancelink

My wife has an associate who senses something is wrong with her "spirituality" and last week they had a somewhat deep discussion.

The associate is very much into being a JW, and so is her whole family, she just cannot wrap her mind around the fact that someone
    could question the WT society and their beliefs.

Anyway, the associate sent her a somewhat long letter trying to be encouraging, and after I read it I copied these questions that she asked,
    any replies would be appreciated. ( I'm somewhat puzzled by the points she might be trying to make.)

1. The old red Live Forever book made a statement about the purpose of the congregation. It is to preach the good news. When you look at it in that light, that’s why I say we are succeeding in amazing ways as a worldwide organization. More on that later…

• choosing life
    choosing life

Number one is the usual defense of jws, but number two is rather strange. I'm sure she thinks she has some really deep thoughts, but don't expect too much.

• halcyon
    halcyon

If question number one is about the congregation being used as an organizational tool, then perhaps ask about the mormons. What is the difference?

But then of course the point will be made that they don't have the "good news." Which raises the question of, how do we know that the WT version of the Good News is the ACTUAL version that should be preached? Which I predict will lead into circular reasoning: because the congregation says so.

Just my quick .02 cents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit