The Watchtower is blasphemy!

by sacolton 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sacolton
    sacolton
    The Watchtower Reprints, December 1, 1916,
    p.6015
    “Charles Taze Russell, thou hast, by the Lord, been
    crowned a king; and through the everlasting ages
    thy name shall be known amongst the people, and thy enemies shall come and worship at thy feet.”
    The Divine Plan of the Ages (SS-1), 1927 ed., p.
    “He did a greater work for the cause of Messiah’s
    kingdom than did any other man that ever lived on
    the earth.”

Compare this to what Joseph Smith (Mormon) has said:

I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet. You know my daily walk and conversation. I am in the bosom of a virtuous and good people. How I do love to hear the wolves howl! When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

the WTS and supporters would argue this is old ight

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

wow.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Is blasphemy and heresy a serious charge in the twenty first century?

Anyone would think we are living in the dark ages.

• Caedes
    Caedes

It is meaningless to a great number of people. But we are talking about a conservative religious organization that claims to represent God. Blasphemy is highly important to them and those who follow it, who are our target audience...So it is relevant if the WT has ever overstepped the mark

I would think that using such loaded terms is highly unlikely to reach your 'target audience'. Although I guess the alternative, holding up theists to the cold harsh light of reality, may be a bit uncomfortable.

'Overstepped the mark'? Exactly what makes your brand of theism so much better than their brand? You seem to share the same militant fundamentalism with your "they are blasphemers and heretics' nonsense.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Great find, BluesBrother. I can't tell you how many times I heard that "some looked to Brother Russell as the Faithful Slave", as if it were some kind of gossipy heresay, as if they were weak brothers and sisters -- bystanders even.

Your scan, however, clearly sources the "some" group. It was the WT Society at that time, that's who.

To think I, at one time, bought all this rubbish -- hook, line, and stinker.

Len

• DS211
    DS211

Hey i thought this merited another look. Also i am finding some help with "mock" interviewing like the WT does to counter WT arguments on 4jehovah.org

look under "conversations with jehovahs witnesses" and theres like 20 topics to get em thinking. Im gonna try one and see how it goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit