myspaces being deleted.

by bite me 8 Replies latest jw friends

• bite me
    bite me

Hello everyone I'm just curious. I have had 2 myspace accounts deleted in the last six months. I write blogs, post no links or images of any sort related to the WTS. I simply write my personal views. I have a right to do that , right? Why would that happen? I don't say anything in a bad way. I don't remember exactly what I wrote, but I did list a few bible verses that stating how we know jesus is God. I mentioned how some religions and I named JW's as one, but that is all that I said. Would anyone have an explaination of this?

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

If you "hated on them" in any way, it could be viewed as a violation. They are a religion, and somewhere in the fine print of the user agreement is a clause forbidding this.

Example:

I hate Jews! Judaism ruined my life!
    I hate Catholics! Catholicism ruined my life!
    I hate JWs! JWs ruined my life!

Alles Verboten, mein Freundin.

Even though many get away with this type of thing on their pages, it is actually against the user agreement.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

How about I love JW's they taste great!

• bite me
    bite me

Nope, no where did I ever use the word hate. But I'm thinking to just start over again, even the great numbers will not bring me down lol

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

just don't ever give up.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

have you tried contacting them?

some of the stuff i have seen on myspace, and they are not shut down,

doesnt seem like that would do it.

purps

• free2beme
    free2beme

Myspace is not freedom of the press. It is, much like this board, a privately owned message board that can set what ever rules it sees fit to maintian it's image. With that in mind, you might want to think of how you say things on that board and tone it down a bit or get deleted again.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Save the text of your posts to disc and on your hd. Then if you get deleted, just open a new account and repost it!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It seems odd that they would be deleting profiles simply because one has an opinion about a particular religion, particularly one that is a scam. With all the crap I have seen on the "Health and Fitness" forum every time someone tries to post some helpful tips on supplements that attempts to kill any helpful replies (and by the same 2 dozen or so members), I would think they would have had their accounts shut down (including calling people "idiots" and "dumbaxxes" for suggesting something that is not in their own journals).

Unless, that is, there is the same group of witlesses on MySpace complaining about any anti-witless posts there as they had on Yahoo that kept getting questions deleted by complaining to the administration. You get a few witlesses that are out to stop the dissemination of accurate information on a site like that, and they see anything that disseminates the information. They go beyond shouting down backed criticism about the religion (citing that, unless it comes from the journals, it is not acceptable). They also complain to the administrators, using every little technicality to get that information quarantined. That is the same stunt they use to get whole anti-witless sites shut down, and the same reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit