An interesting conversation with a car group of dubbers today

by ldrnomo 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

they were going to Sbux I stopped to talk and told them my Mom was dying of cancer. They said they were sorry to here that and I said, tongue in cheek, I was delighted because she would have been destroyed by Jehvoah anyway and that would have been a lot more painful and frightening way to go and those dufuses agreed with me.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Dufus says as dufus does.

Sorry to hear about your mom.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Excellent. Force the Cognitive Dissonance.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Well, at least now you can look forward to seeing her in the resurrection.

And if your mother really does have cancer, you have my deepest sympathies. My mother has a brain tumor (non-cancerous). It's hard, waiting for the inevitable, knowing you're helpless.

Serena

• slimboyfat
  • StAnn
    StAnn

You know, I thought you were kidding, just to see how the Dubs would react, but upon re-reading, I realize you weren't kidding.

You really do have my sympathies.

Serena

• yknot
    yknot

Dubbies in my area would have agreed with you wholeheartedly and complimented you on you spiritual reasoning....

My deepest sympathies for your mother and family.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Thanks for your sympathy but.... you know....

At least she'll be resurrected...LOL

LD

• Gram
    Gram

I am sorry to hear about your mother. My mother died of ovarian cancer almost 20 years ago. After her memorial service, there were many comments that I felt were outrageous or out of line. It is good you "stopped them in their boots" by your comment. Stay strong!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit