fun exercise

by peaceloveharmony 3 Replies latest social physical

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hi-

i just wanted to share with everyone a fun way to get fit.

i discovered the joys of boxing!! there is a boxing gym not to far from where i live so i joined up one day about 3 months ago and let me tell you-i've never had so much fun working out. it is a great way to release built up anger or frustrations and to get into shape. also, i love learning how to throw a punch. one with a lot of force behind it. i'm not a very big person and i never learned how to fight when i was young so this has been a good learning experience for me. anyone else boxed before?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I don't box....bad knees....too many times dislocated over the years. But I HAVE started weight training, and that is also a great way to relieve stress. Additionally, if someone pisses me off, I can throw a dumbbell at them (those 5 pounders fly pretty well).

• Simon
    Simon

I could use a punch bag - they don't hit back! I wouldn't fancy doing the stuff where people hit you thoug...
    I'd love to get one rigged up at home but we don't have the space.

• m2u
    m2u

Training as a boxer is great, boxing itself not so great.

I was the Tae Kwon Do full contact heavy-weight champion of my state in 1980. Even as a witness I continued to study at the insistence of my worldly father.

I train boxer style once a week, it melds well with the rest of my training regime for the week.

Weight train heavy Tues/Fri
    Run 5 miles Mon/Weds/Thurs/
    Box Sat.
    Off Sun.

I'd say I've kept this up almost non-stop since 1978.
    I was called before the elders about it(1980 right after winning the state championship)They said I was not going out in field service
    and spending too much time building up my body instead of my spirituality and they were right as far as being a good JW goes.
    They also pretty much told me I had to discontinue involvement in the martial arts or I'd probably get whacked-DF-So I did what they told me to do, but not for much longer.

I never could stop my workout regime. Anybody who does it knows it becomes ingrained.

m2u

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit