Lurkers: what to tell the eLDERS

by mustang 2 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

Are you "on the spot" with the eLDER's? Are you about ready to go, anyway? Or just tired and ready to slow down?

When the eLDERS bother you, you can let them know that they need you; numbers are important: publishers, FS time, $'s at the box.

Push me out the door and you explain it to the CO; or Brooklyn, for that matter. Everybody leaving should write a letter to the CO, dumping on their least favorite eLDER.

The fine folks at WTS have a RETENTION PROBLEM: put it in their face.

Mustang

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Well, I'm already gone...in body anyway....

But this brings to mind some bragging done by one of the book study conductors that his particular book study, of which our family was a part, was highest in attendance and so he stood to be commended by the CO on his upcoming visit. Prior to that, I had no idea that attendance figures from the various book studies would be compared and 'points' earned by the conductors, if they were successful in having attendance increase under their particular 'watch'. Had I known then what I know now, I might be tempted to write a letter to the CO telling him that we had been 'bribed' into attendance, so that he could get marks for being top dog! Come to think of it, his telling remarks only added to the feeling I was getting that the whole religion was more or less some kind of religious pyramid scheme...

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

Not a bad approach!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit