Hypnotic Bait and Switch - July 15, 2008 WT

by Hope4Others 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Interesting comments by gunshy.... Apostates are always accused of using old material the Society printed. I'm quoting from the w08 7/15 pgs. 20-21, par. 18 article "Dragnet". The scripture the quote is from is Mt 13:47-50.

(Matthew 13:47-50) . . ."Again the kingdom of the heavens is like a dragnet let down into the sea and gathering up [fish] of every kind. 48 When it got full they hauled it up onto the beach and, sitting down, they collected the fine ones into vessels, but the unsuitable they threw away. 49 That is how it will be in the conclusion of the system of things: the angels will go out and separate the wicked from among the righteous 50 and will cast them into the fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will be.

w08 7/15 pg 20-21 par. 18: "Literally millions of symbolic fish from the sea of humanity have been attracted to Jehovah's congregation in modern times. Some attend the memorial, others come to our meetings, and still others are happy to study the Bible. But do all of these prove to be genuine Christians? They may be 'hauled up onto the beach,' but Jesus tells us that only 'the fine ones' are gathered into vessels, which represent Christian congregations."

This is how hypnotic bait and switch works: There are several points made in succession that are irrefutable, then a lie is slipped in unsuspectingly that only a fast eye will catch:

Here we go:

"Literally millions of symbolic fish from the sea of humanity have been attracted to Jehovah's congregation in modern times."

This statement is for the most part true. What is referred to as "Jehovah's congregation" has had millions of symbolic fish from the sea of humanity attracted to it. Hypothetical questions that may arise such as if Jehovah is even God's name or if it's even important to use his name when considering the Greek inspired writings clearly use kurios/lord isn't relevant to the point that millions of people are attracted to this group calling themselves "Jehovah's congregation". The fact of the statement is in that Jesus did most certainly liken mankind to fish in his illustration, therefore making this statement for the most part true and irrefutable.

"Some attend the memorial, others come to our meetings, and still others are happy to study the Bible."

These statements are also undeniable. People, or fish, as Jesus was referring to do in fact do these things. Fish also go to other churches in Christendom or Islam and Judaism as well. Symbolic fish also sleep around and smoke crack, etc. So this statement cannot be challenged.

"But do all of these prove to be genuine Christians?"

A good question. The obvious answer is that NOT all those symbolic fish that do these things prove to be genuine Christians, just as those in other false religions including those that sleep around and smoke crack do not prove to be genuine Christians, making the quesion valid.

But be careful. Here's where the switch comes in:

"They may be 'hauled up onto the beach,' but Jesus tells us that only 'the fine ones' are gathered into vessels, which represent Christian congregations."

This is a very cleverly crafted lie and I'll explain why. First, Jesus did in fact tell us that there would be symbolic fish "hauled up onto the beach", but Jesus isn't telling us (present tense) anything. Jesus TOLD us (past tense) back 2000 years ago what the "conclusion of this system of things" ("end of the age" emphatic diaglott) would be like involving this illustration. So he's not telling us anything now. He told us something back then, plain and simple.

So why would the unknown author of the WTS use the words "tells us"? The reason is to set up the subtle lie at the end of the sentence, "...which represent Christian congregations".

In writing, the subject of a sentence, in this case "Jesus", modifies the predicate, "which represent Christian congregations, making it appear that Jesus said this. Jesus never said anything of the kind.

A truthful statement by the "discreet" author of this crap would be, "They may be 'hauled up onto the beach,' but Jesus tells us that only 'the fine ones' are gathered into vessels, which, according to me, the cleverly concealed author of this crap, represent Christian congregations."

Jesus said the separating would be done by his angels, not an unknown, secret, deliberately concealed, hidden, under-the-table, sub-rosa, hush-hush, covert, "DISCREET" propagandist author for the WTS using mind control techniques such as hypnotic bait and switch. Read it again:

(Mt 13:49) "That is how it will be in the conclusion of the system of things: the angels will go out and separate the wicked from among the righteous."

I wonder what the penalty will be for putting words in Jesus' mouth, misrepresentiing what true judgement will be based upon?

(Matthew 25:31-33) . . ."When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 And all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

« Last Edit: Today at 03:38:42 PM by Gunshy »

http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php?topic=2537.msg36048;topicseen#new

• halcyon
    halcyon

You should have used "told us" in your "truthful" sentence, since you proved that it is the only correct way to say it.

The original scripture doesn't make sense to me.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Gunshy just recently left, I forwarded him this site since it was still going strong I was hoping that he would be able to sign up under the wire or something. Unfortunately he couldn't, his posts are amazing and I have a feeling his posts and videos on youtube are going to help alot of people.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Nice catch! Too bad the R/F will totally miss this.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Gunshy just recently left, I forwarded him this site since it was still going strong I was hoping that he would be able to sign up under the wire or something. Unfortunately he couldn't, his posts are amazing and I have a feeling his posts and videos on youtube are going to help alot of people.

He was Df'd on the 9th of this month for apostasy...he is working real hard on video's. He used to post here along time ago as a pro-jw.

h40

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    He was Df'd on the 9th of this month for apostasy...he is working real hard on video's. He used to post here along time ago as a pro-jw.

He told me about the disfellowshipping and his videos, he attributes my videos to getting him out. Though I think he was half-way there to begin with.

I didn't know he used to post here though, craziness.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

OK....now I know who you are Tuesday....yes he does think you really helped him he told me that..

I think you have a lot of good video's also....

h40

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit