ANY JW's or ex-JW's from Western Oklahoma or TX panhandle on here?

by Melody Blankenship 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

If so, have you heard about the goings on at the Elk City, OK congregation of JW's? They have been draining the funds out of our family trusts (my dad remarried into this cult four months after my mom passed away and he now has Alzheimer's.) Anyway, we are currently in a court battle in Beckham County, OK to have my dad removed as trustee of the trusts (look it up on ODCR or Oklahoma District Court Records or On Demand Court Records)....Steve Powell vs. Bobby G Powell. My dad married Rose Ann Andris, in case any of you remember the old witch, and Anthony Ferguson is the current presiding overseer. He (Anthony) even had the audacity to tell my dad not to sign away control of the trusts to my brother, that WE were just after his money!! How's that for the pot calling the kettle black? Just hope there are some JW's from the Elk City area who occasionally get on here. If there are, I can tell you many, many, many more stories about what's been going on with my poor old bedridden dad, such as the time the JW's KIDNAPPED my dad to keep him away from us when my little sister came in for a surprise visit from MEXICO! What the heck is up with that? How many other religions kidnap their members to keep them away from their own kids? Do you think this might be a sign of a CULT????

• crapola
    crapola

Melody, I'm from the southern Okla. area. Sorry to hear about the problems with your dad. Hope things work out for you!

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

Thanks and whereabouts in Southern OK? We go all over the state (we sponsor our grandson who is an awesome little wrestler) taking him to different tournaments just about every weekend. We've probably been to your neck of the woods if there's a wrestling tournament there! Have a great evening!!

• crapola
  • crapola
    crapola

I live in the Ardmore area. I'll send you a message if you'd like to have my email address.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Hi Melody, I'm from Moore OK. What's the update on the situation with your dad? I imagine the jw's weren't going to just let this go and gracefully give back all your dad's assets.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Edmond, Oklahoma here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit