Do JW's intentionally act so as to bring persecution on themselves?

by gaiagirl 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Some Witnesses state that "Gods people will be persecuted" or "If you are NOT being persecuted, then you better examine your life".

A JW who works where I do poured the last cup of coffee out of the pot, and was asked to make another pot for the other workers. He responded "sorry, I have to go to work now". Other workers certainly did take a dim view of him, and spoke about him in negative terms several times that day.

Do you observe Witnesses who do things which cause people to speak badly about them or otherwise "persecute" them?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Not having time to make coffee sounds silly and lame as an excuse of persecution. Your very post sounds like a JW set up question. Making coffee has nothing to do with religious persecution. If you were really interested in this question you should use an example of how they arrogantly put others down and make a game of disrespecting people in regard to promoting their religion.

• caliber
    caliber

For sure this was done in Rutherford's day. They deliberately did door to door work in area's where it was challenge

so it could be brought to court ( freedom of speech issue ) ~~Caliber

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

cameo-d: The question was not whether not making coffee has anything to do with religious persecution. The example given was what ONE JW was observed to do in a particular situation.

The question is "WHY did he refuse to make coffee"? Was he truly so pressed for time that he couldn't take 2 minutes to fill a pot with water and put coffee in a paper filter? Or did he willfully refuse so as to set himself up for a little bit of negativity from the other workers, thus proving in his own mind that he is one of "Gods people". Or perhaps there was some other reason.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Perhaps he just forgot to put the coffee on again because his mind was full of what he had to do at work,

If any other worker had done that which is quite possible, would you have even thought to question it, wouldn't you just have said to yourself 'That guys a bit selfish and not thought of others' but because you know the person is a Jw you acrue some sort of religious motive to it?

There is a fine line on predjudice and we have to be very careful not to cross it, If your seeing the faith before the person and everything is coloured by, this you are no longer capable of decerning without bias.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember rigging up the Christmas lights at work so they wouldn't come on when they plug it in. That is accomplished by rerouting the wire in the bulb so it will not make physical contact, cutting the circuit (all it takes is one bulb in a batch to be bypassed like that to kill the whole set). And I got yelled at for doing it, and had to fix the bulb I rigged.

• Quester55
    Quester55

I work with one of these idiots and she gets on my last nerve! She doesn't really know if I am in or if I am out and so she tries to ask all sorts of leading questions. We had a pot luck at work the other day and whuile she HARDLY EVER brings anything she's the first one there to pile her plate and "take some food home for her mom" We ladies are sitting around talking about work, ( we're preschool teachers and when teachers get together we usually talk shop) Here she pipes up, "Now, L--- Do you still go to U---congregation? Whos your circuit overseer? When is you assembly now? Is it December or January?" I totally ignore her, acted like I didn't even hear her. Two days later she goes, ' How are you with DA TROFF ( the truth) ?" I looked at her and said, "Ya know, after doing a lot of research and study and prayful consideration, there are just some things I no longer believe. I can't believe." She fixed her mouth to ask me what, but I walked away from her. Every JW is programmed to ignore the evidence of their own eyes, and will go into Watchtower Defense Mode at the drop of a hat. She didnt let it rest, after work, I was leaving to go to the parking lot to get my car and she goes, "Are you going out in the tract work this weekend?" I just looked at her and said a loud, crisp, "NO" and kept going. She is trying to find out if I'm still a JW. Thats all it is. So I guess when I finally go off on her and read her the riot act then she'll really have something to share back at Borg Headquarters. Over the years, I've listened to her take over conversations with coworkers and work a "witness" into it. She loves to find out the worst things that happen on the news and bring that to everyone's attention, and then she'll say, " You see...you see..we're in the last days...last days!" Nobody really llikes her, she is a pain in the behind. She is obnoxious and rude and totally for herself. So yeah, I say JW's do stuff to make themselves disliked personally and then run around saying, "People don't like us because we serve God" They love to flip the script. No wonder most of them have mental problems, you've got to look for ways to annoy people.

Quester55

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit