Any Central Pennsylvania JWs or Ex-JWs I used to know ?

by foreverfree 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• foreverfree
    foreverfree

I'm looking for any JW's or X-JWs near Harrisburg, PA I used to know to catch up with and compare notes.

• Emma
    Emma

When were you there? I was in Central PA - Lock Haven, State College - from fall of '69 to winter '77.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Oh, Me! Me! Me!!

I am from that are. York/Lancaster though, never attended in Harrisburg. Went to the Grantville Assembly Hall, Philly Veteran Stadium District Conventtions (torture) etc.

I am only 29 though, and haven't been active in 10 years.

Small world, ay?

- Wing Commander

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Yeesh, Grantville. Hated driving to that place. The Vet was the worst place in the summer. South Street afterward was fun. A few times I went to Buckingham (?) I was a bit nicer. I was more eastern than central on the whole.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Oh what the heck, I went to the Mechanicsburg, and Camp Hill congregations. Went to Grantville, and Veterans, although sometimes we got to go to Landover, and sometimes we went there anyway.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Further west. Originally from Tyrone but I am familar with Grantville. Was to Vetran's once, never wanted to go back. Three Rivers wasn't much better.

• foreverfree
    foreverfree

I was in Swatara, Edgemont, and Mountainside in Harrisburg in the 90's. Did'nt travel that much. I studied with a good friend named Jim Arp. Unfortunately he died waiting for a heart to be available for a transplant.

• foreverfree
    foreverfree

I forgot to mention that prior to reading Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom, In 2002 and 2003 I attended Camp Hill briefly attempting to get reinstated.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

You've probably met some of my family then. I was in Texas by 02.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Freemont, I attended HBG North way back, then Halifax, then Swatara. I had friends all over, in Mountainside, Edgemont, Swatara, Palmyra, Reading, Camp Hill, Elizabethville. I left in '99.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit