Advice...

by megs 7 Replies latest jw friends

• megs
    megs

Sooo... Around 6 months ago (seems like a lifetime ago) I filled in the nice little form on the WTB website saying I was interested in a Bible Study... After this I went to a kingdom hall (cue ominous music) and ended up here. Anyway, they have now responded to my online enquiry of 6 months ago and have sent a note to my house saying they'll be there on Thursday... How do I get out of this??? If I'm not home will they just go away???

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Why don't you tell them about a couple of the things you've learned on here? You'd never know, they might get curious and look stuff up.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

GREAT advice, Amha·’aret!

Nothing like telling them the truth! Tell them that you were serious about your inquiry, but you have learned this and this and this doing your own research, waiting for them to call...

• hubert
    hubert

When they show up, ask them if from 1967 to 1980 did the Watchtower Society forbid organ transplants, and after that they reversed their position, and how many people died because of this doctrine?

If they don't believe it, have them type in w67 and then w80 on their cd rom Watchtower library.

Both dates are in there, with their reversal. (new light)? Nope, lights out!

Hubert

• sacolton
    sacolton

Just tell them while you were waiting for a visit you discovered that the JW religion is a cult. *slam door*

• megs
    megs

I called and left her message saying someone else picked me up as a study from a different KH. Technically true... Anyway... If they're looking for new members, you'd think there would be less than a six-month turnaround on emails!!!

For those still in... If someone in your zone e-mails a request for a BS to the WTS, how do YOU get that request, and how long does it take?

• Honesty
  • Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

If you want out I would recommend sending them an email like the request and be clear that you changed your mind. Be there on Thursday and tell them directly that it was a mistake or you changed your mind and to please take your name and address off their list of calls to make.

Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit