If I had to pick scriptures to describe my philosophy of good government

by journey-on 2 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

They would be:

Micah 4:4 - "But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid.." (Self-government, self-sufficiency, independence, minimal rule.)

Luke 6:31 - "And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." (The Golden Rule...perfect. You don't screw me and I won't screw you.)

2 Thess. 3:10 - "....if any would not work, neither should he eat."(Those capable but not willing to pull their own weight are "out of luck". Others should not feel responsible to support them.)

James 1:27 - "...look after orphans and widows in their trubulation...."(Duty to those in real need, especially children and the elderly.)

• snowbird
    snowbird

That is a sound philosophy. JO.

Welcome back after your brief hiatus.

I found this to be pertinent in the case of those who delight in pushing others around.

From The Message Bible:

Ezekiel 34:20 -22 "'Therefore, God, the Master, says: I myself am stepping in and making things right between the plump sheep and the skinny sheep. Because you forced your way with shoulder and rump and butted at all the weaker animals with your horns till you scattered them all over the hills, I'll come in and save my dear flock, no longer let them be pushed around. I'll step in and set things right between one sheep and another.

O Happy Day

Sylvia

• journey-on
    journey-on

Thanks, Snowbird.

I'm going to have to get a Message Bible. Even if you don't believe the Bible is inspired of God,

there is a lot of wisdom in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit