If you are still active JW, do you enjoy being around JW?

by asilentone 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

Do you enjoy their company when they invite you to their homes? etc...

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I have not been to a meeting in about 6 months. The weird thing is people are coming out of the woodwork inviting us to things (which was not the case before) we haven't went to any of these events. Do they really think a baby shower or a clam bake is going to change my mind? I still have a few close friends I talk to, that I have things in common with. But for the most part, no, I did not enjoy their company. I don't have anything in common with women with a 5th grade education that home school their 7 kids. My husband did not have much in common with the men their archaic attitude towards women and insatiable appetite for climbing the theocratic ladder. In our area my kids were really odd men out they didn't fit in with the goody two shoes type and they didn't fit in with the bad (cool witness) crowd either. I don't miss most of them one bit.

• Purza
    Purza

I still have friends that are JWs that associate with me. I can tell that most of them are "weak" and that is why we still have a relationship. I do enjoy seeing these friends and hearing about others i used to know. I never really come out and tell them what I think of the dub lifestyle and they don't ask. It works well that way.

Purza

• yknot
    yknot

When we aren't being overly theocratic yes.

Clampdowns tend to bring out the Gestapo in some JWs but others of us just roll our eyes and have a more relaxed attitude.

Live and let live, just don't break any major commandments and don't get drunk and start blabbing in a bragging manner if you do.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I was in, I rarely if ever had any of them in my home except for conducting the indoctrination studies. And, most of the time it was not that fun when I was with other witlesses--with a very few exceptions (which were not all that theocraptic).

I did not enjoy the company of the humanoid that dragged me into the cancer. It may have seemed otherwise when I was first going in, but when I look back, I find it between a complete waste of time and total ruining of my whole life.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am semi inactive and I hate being around them. I see the mind control at work and it makes my flesh crawl.....

• megawatt
    megawatt

Very few people I enjoyed being around in the JW CULT. For the most part, NO, I never really enjoyed gatherings. Your forced to be in the presence of people you truly dislike and would never give a 2nd thought of hanging out with if wasn't for this cult... Now, family and I just hang out with people we enjoy. :D I'll never forget what one sister told me years ago. "It's better to be around the worse of witnesses,than the best of non believers". That right there, should have rang some bells immediately, but being the impressionable young teenager at the time, all I could do is nod my head in acceptance with her statement. Gah, how awful...

• Quester55
    Quester55

It is sooooooooooo annoying being around self-righteous witlessness!! If they spent as much time being kind and gracious to others as they spend attacking other religious groups and organizations, they would find out that people wouldn't dislike them so much. I do NOT enjoy being them, because invariably the conversation turns to the 'joys' of field service, meetings and how many hours somebody sat listening to yet another talk. I'd rather hang out with my girlfriends at the local VFW on a Saturday night, drinking cranberry juice and vodka and dancing the two step.,

Quester55

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit