Scientology and JWism

by LovesDubs 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I have decided that neither of the above was ever meant to be a religion. Im thinking that in the case of Scientology it started out being a way of bettering yourself as a person and turned into a cult following and then a religion (despite Tom Cruise's protestations to the contrary) and that the Bible Students cum Jehovahs Witnesses was meant to become the New World Order enveloping ALL religions including JEWS and was meant to embrace and include all people no matter what beliefs they had...under Rutherford. (based on things like their allegiance with Hitler and the book 30 Years a Watchtower Slave)

Then from that control group came a honing to give the people what they wanted and out came a religion, then a Christian religion, and then a hatred of all NON JW thinking religions over time.

Much like a hockey rink when you are sitting there watching a melee with dead octopii being thrown on the ice and a HOCKEY GAME breaks out!

What do you guys think? Is this a religion? Or is this just a publishing empire that morphed into a cult following?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

LD,

Have you read "The True Believer" by Eric Hoffer? Written over 50 years ago, it discusses how mass movements (political, religious, social, etc) gain momentum and succeed... you might find it interesting.

I am actually the result of both of these cults... my mom met my dad at scientology... after she renounced scientology she was contacted by JWs... I am a product of 2 cults!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

A@G,

Time for you to write a book!

-LWT

• poppers
    poppers

L. Ron Hubbard founded Scientology specifically as a religion because he knew that that was how to make a lot of money.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Both really have an underlining marketing strategy, both essentially are driven by power and money which eventually accumulates to the top of each

organization.

Both are interestingly structured on non factual evidence and cull followers by pretentious and devious means all for the betterment of the individual of course.

People turned into robotic mental slaves with no windows to look out of , will never help anyone intellectually mature and grow in a healthy way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit