Is This Anything?

by Hikaru 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

This came up in google alerts. http://www.forbes.com/opinions/2008/10/15/keynsian-fiscal-stimulus-oped-cx_nr_1016roubini.html

Now most of the article is lame, but that first part.... Is it just the guys figure of speech? Did they actually do that? Or is it something to be afraid of?

This is the part I'm talking about.

After last week's crash in stock markets and financial markets--and it was, indeed, a crash, as during the week equity prices fell as much as the two-day crash of 1929--policy makers finally realized the risk of a systemic financial meltdown. They peered into the abyss a few steps in front of them and finally got religion. With this newfound fear of God, they started announcing radical policy actions

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

Hikaru,

I am certain that this is the writing style of the commentator - economics really is a dry subject and this is an attempt to be "smart". Some regard economics as a religion anyway!

Religion (as in worhip of a deity) has absolutely nothing to do with this article. The abyss that is referred to metaphorically is the economic mess that is so much in the news today.

The religion that is referred to is an earlier form of economic theory put forward by the economist John Maynard Keynes (hence the title of the article). Keynesian economics was essentially the model used (in part) to recover the world's major economies from the great depression of the 1930's.

I understand your unease, but please read some world history and understand that predictions of apocalypse and armageddon are as old as humanity itself.

Take care and don't worry - there are more important things in the world.

HAL

• asilentone
    asilentone

You need to enjoy your life while you have it right now! Stop worrying, it does not do any good to you. Take care!

• asilentone
    asilentone

My suggestion is stop the google alerts, play a game online or something.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Hikaru lives in a bubble of fear and ignorance, and I am extremely concerned for her. Is there anything we can do for this girl? Does she only speak to people she only knows online and her grandmother? This girl is in trouble, I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit