my cousin is famous.

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 8 Replies latest social current

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

The gondoliere is my cousin. I've been in his gondola, didn't know he could sing though.........LOL. Fun to watch.... http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=25jhBVaiQw0

• AK - Jeff
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My only question is: Why do these Italians care one way or the other [except of course that Obama fits the song better than McCain]?

Jeff

• dawg
    dawg

Why do they care Jefft? They care because Bush has made a complete ass of himself in the international community... He's not only disliked here, but all around the world.

His approval rates here in the states is in the low 20s, and in the international community he's disliked because of his foreign policies.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Europeans generally think it's a good idea to have a smart guy in charge of the "blow up the world" button.

• inkling
    inkling
    Why do these Italians care one way or the other...?

Possibly becuase they happen to live on the same planet?

As this recent global economic crisis has shown, our welfare is deeply intereconnected,
    and when the US screws up, the rest of the world get screwed. When the US is doing well
    and playing well with others, everyone (including italians) stands to gain.

I would guess the rest of the world sees Obama as being the man for that job.

[ink]

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

he's also interested because he is married to an american.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Highly entertaining.

It is understandable that an Italian would get caught up in the cult of personality and not be aware of the subtle reality of governance in the US. Fact is, the figureheads come and go, but the real governance is carried out by think tanks and corporations that endure from one regime to the next.

• still-fading
    still-fading

Oh, i thought you were going to say, "I'm Joe the plumber's cousin."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit