Unbaptised publisher son of baptised parents- gay?

by Pineapple 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pineapple
    Pineapple

Ok so my friend is unbaptized publisher living on his own (21). he is gay and does not want to be a witness anymore. his parents are JWs and very strong. he is worried about what kind of announcement they will make once the elders find out he is gay. he doesnt go to meetings but his parents are the type that WILL get the elders involved. believe me they yap to the elders about everything they hear! Anyways.. what type of announcement can the elders make? i know that they don't do "marking" and since hes unbaptized he cant be DFd.

• yknot
    yknot

According to the Elder Manual on page 99 .....

In the case of unbaptized publishers who unrepentantly continue in wrongdoing despite all efforts to help them, an announcement can be made saying : "[Name of person]vis no longer a publisher of the good news ." (w88 11/15 p . 19)

Check your inbox

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I've been out for a while so don't know what announcement but I do remember some announcements years ago of a person being "no longer an unbaptized publisher" or "no longer an 'approved associate' ".

-Aude.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

"No longer an unbaptized publisher" is code for "they are doing something they can be kicked out for." Then they leave it up to you to ditch the person as an associate. If they are still attending meetings it may be they are working towards repentance and the elders may lay off those who associate to help the person, but if you're trying to be a friend to one who is willful they will take you aside and warn you, perhaps. You can be assured that if your friend has mentioned his sexual preference to anyone, everyone knows already. W.Once

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Since he's living on his own, can he try fading? If he hasn't been to meetings for awhile and doesn't claim to be a JW, there should be no need for an elder's meeting or an announcement if he decided to live an openly gay life. That was my experience as a baptized person. I'm not gay, but but have done other things I could have been hauled into an elders meeting for, like going to church, donating blood, and other such evils.

• Open mind
    Open mind

You're right that he can't be Disfellowshipped. If he makes his sexual orientation known, many JWs will treat him like he's DFed, but they don't HAVE to. Most importantly, his family will be allowed to include him in their social circle to the extent they are comfortable with.

If he fades for a few years and makes sure to attend ZERO meetings, including the Memorial, the elders won't even have to announce that he's no longer a publisher.

om

• still_in74
    still_in74
    In the case of unbaptized publishers who unrepentantly continue in wrongdoing despite all efforts to help them, an announcement can be made saying : "[Name of person]vis no longer a publisher of the good news ." (w88 11/15 p . 19)

We all know how dubs think... this is basically disfellowshipping someone who is not even baptized. Talk about mind control!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

If he's not attending meetings than I assume he's not turning in time, so he may have become inactive if he's not reported time for the last six months. I'm not sure if they would announce anything then.

Maybe one of the active elders here may have a comment on that.

It would be kind of funny to hear, "S0-and-So is no longer an inactive publisher!"

S4

• lesterd
    lesterd

Theres a problem? He doesnt want to have anything to do with the borg, what does he care what they say about him? All they can say would validate his position.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit