Help! what jw event am i trying to avoid this weekend?

by 4mylove 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Mother in law called last night. I could tell by the hubbies responses that she was inviting him to something that is taking place this weekend in east TX.

Can anyone shed any light on what assembly, meeting, or whatever the fudge it is that I will be trying to avoid attending? I asked him if we were going to go visit his parents this weekend, didn't want to ask what she had asked him to attend.

I hate when she does this. She called after 930, we were headed home from dinner with friends. Needless to say that put a damper for the rest of the evening.

Thanks for the help,

• free2think
    free2think

Oh no, you poor thing.

Well off the top of my head this time of year its usually either the circuit assembly or the special assembly day.

But other then i don't know, sorry i can't be of more help.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Is this a Saturday event???? Or all weekend, or Sunday instead of the meeting?

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Depends, if your MIL has the Theocratic Ministry School/Service meeting this week, then you are probably looking at a Special Day Assembly of 1 day.

If she doesn't, then you are looking at 2 days.

Either way....it sucks.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

It's two days i believe and my hubby was suprised it was being held in his hometown? He said, "they are actually having it there?"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Either way, I heartily recommend blowing it off. The Big Boasting Session is about field circus and making it paramount in your life, while the Great Boasting Session is about avoiding technology and education. Either are a complete waste of time to attend.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Well, i have peace of mind for now because my husband never mentioned what his mother asked him to come to. I asked him if we needed to go to " (his home town)" and he said only if I wanted to.

I hope and wish everyday that he is seeing a different light to all of this craziness. It's been 6-7 years since he was truly active. I've gathered so much information, but most importantly opinions and facts into this crazy religion, cult, etc. It truly robs people of their freedom, free thinking ability, family, and true meaning of unconditional love.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Happy birthday!

• caliber
    caliber

4mylove,

I see yet another birthday... October is big for that apparently . Happy Birthday !

Caliber

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Thanks Caliber!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit