just wanted to say hi after being disconnected for a couple of years...

by never too late to be myseld 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• never too late to be myseld
    never too late to be myseld

I found this forum a couple of years ago and at the time it was a real eye-opener. I could never express how good it felt to look at my life as a JW by writing it out here. I remember ver welcoming and encouraging comments from some members which actually got me in tears... I did not stay i touch as at the time I had to go back to my (JWs) parents' house and live there for a year. I thought I'd rather not stir my internal shit while the past was so close by. I think it was a good thing to do, otherwise I could have burnt the house down!! At home nothing had changed. What can you expect from an over-zealous JW and a dissasociated wife sharing the same roof....The year I spent in Spain was productive in many senses, if I try to ignore the moments of anger and pity for my parents and family in general. I did so may things I always wanted to do... I came back to the UK last year with so many plans and good intentions that never worked out! Went through a rough patch at the end of last year because of work-related issues that unfortunately are still not solved but I've got new plans ahead. Next year no one is stopping me from going travelling for at least a year, doing a CELTA course and maybe working teaching English somewhere remote and interesting... I'd also like to know if there are any members around the Wales area. The only people I know here after a year are my partner and my housemate...would be good to meet up sometime with someone I can relate to. That's all for now. I'm glad I'm back to this forum! :-)

• flipper
    flipper

NEVER TOO LATE TO BE MYSELF- Welcome back to the board ! I hope you have great success in all that you want in life ! Hang in there with the parents- my family are mostly witnesses too, some treat me O.K. , some do not, mixed bag. So look forward to your posts, and keep your chin up, things will work out for you

• penny2
    penny2

Hi, never too late. I remember you and it's good to have you back.

penny

• Rivington
    Rivington

Hi, Never Too, from another Cardiff bod. I've been out for a very long time but drop in on these boards from time to time cos I still have family in the WT.
    If you're interested in teaching English as a volunteer overseas you might find my son's website of interest: http://www.hugtheduck.com
    Feel free to PM or email me
    Rob Crompton

• Quandry
    Quandry

I am glad you are back, too. I never got to "meet" you before.

I went back and read your story, and was struck by your ability to put down in writing all that you had experienced and felt. I hope that you are able to meet your goals in teaching, and in learning.

I hope you realize what an asset you are to us on this board, by sharing your experience, and what an asset you will be wherever you go because of your willingness to share some of yourself with others.

Please stay in touch regularly, as this board will be shutting down sometime soon, and many are posting where they will go next. (Sounds like the great tribulation-if you miss this meeting you won't know where to be next time)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome back, never too late!

Till later,

CoCo

• Latte
    Latte

Welcome 'never too late'! I have a friend who is passionate about teaching English in some 'far flung place')LOL) ****Next year no one is stopping me from going travelling for at least a year, doing a CELTA course and maybe working teaching English somewhere remote and interesting... I'd also like to know if there are any members around the Wales area. The only people I know here after a year are my partner and my housemate...would be good to meet up sometime with someone I can relate to. That's all for now. I'm glad I'm back to this forum! :-)**** If ever your up in the North West, just let me know. I have had/been to a few ex JW gatherings which were most pleasant. I fancy having another gathering... ...any UK'ers have any thoughts on this???? (Manchester?!?!) All the best ! Latte

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit