Have JW's been given instructions on subliminal pictures

by art 7 Replies latest jw friends

• art
    art

Had a JW come to my door and gave me an invite to an assembly, awhile back.

I told her I used to go to the meetings.
    She said OK, I will probably see you at the assembly.

I told her I left the JW's after seeing subliminal pictures in the magazines.

She said OH, and turned around very quickly and marched out, not a goodbye or anything.
    I thought she would have said something, expressed some surprise, or asked what I saw.

Was that just her, or have the JW's been given some instructions on this matter.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

she probably thought you were mentally deranged. I would have shown proof - like the famous skull

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes - probably thought that demons were all around you, dancing about.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Im a non believing atheist and would probably laughed in your face.

ALL of the "subliminal" artwork I've seen in JW literature is utter bullshit.

Now pictures of arrrhhhggmmaggeedon. That is 'subliminal' in a way. But its no secret.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I am unaware of subliminal pictures in WT literature. Can someone enlighten me please?

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

LOL. Who's more paranoid, a JW or someone who looks at pictures to claim utter bullshit. By the way I see a subliminal picture in your post.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    I told her I left the JW's after seeing subliminal pictures in the magazines.

Of all the reasons I've ever heard to leave the JW's, this is like 1001st on a list of 1000.

Real reasons to leave on such a list would include lack of love, doctrinal changes, pedophile cover-ups, the UN/NGO cover-up, prohibitions on normal activities, etc., etc. but not esoteric arguments over WTS artwork.

• avishai
    avishai

The pic of zeus is THERE in an awake, in a ladies dress. The others, are arguable. W/ the society's denial, as well as going so far as to say "if you say anything about it, your bad, blah. blah, blah. It was a wake up call for several people. The skull, iffy, the other stuff, the "s" for satan, very iffy. but the pic of zeus in the lady's skirt is pretty hard to ignore. Get yourself a bound volume of and look at the watchtower, 2/1/83 pg 17. In the lady's skirt is a pic of zeus. It's much easier to see in the mag itself than online.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit