Quotes of Wisdom. Reading ~Kahlil Gibran

by Sparkplug 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

He who repeats what he does not understand is no better than an ass that is loaded with books.

When you long for blessings that you may not name, and when you grieve knowing not the cause, then indeed you are growing with all things that grow, and rising toward your greater self.

~Kahlil Gibran

Interesting his book 'Jesus'. Despite my beliefs, I do find his writings of the meeting and deeds told by those who knew him to be interesting. Mary Magdalene so far has been wonderful. (great as a tale)

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Another one~

"When you tell your trouble to your neighbor you present him with a part of your heart. If he possesses a great soul, he thanks you; if he possesses a small one, he belittles you."

~Kahlil Gibran

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

"Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too self full to see other than itself."

~Kahlil Gibran

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Hey Sparks, what are you smoking out there in the dry lands? Pretty heady stuff you shared here. I love his work but haven't read it in years. Thanks for the deep thoughts, I am going to go to bed. Can't sleep anymore since finding out about the woman from the board that my ex took up with. I gave him the fastest divorce his lawyer ever did. I moved out to give him his freedom because I loved him. That is slowly going away. I need some wisdom to take away the hate that is developing. That is not a good place to be. Read anything else to encourage me? Maybe, I will call you later in the week.

Love to a friend, Kit

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oy! I just found this! And I am ever so happy someone knew what this is about!! I do believe the puffin is blackberry sumptin that day!

Hon, I am so sorry you are going through all this. But as it was said by me today or yesterday, (at least I am still thinking it) "Accept where you are and be honest. Some things just are. What we wish does not change what is." Sucks at times and more at others. I tell you what, sometimes the things that suck today end up being the best thing for us tomorrow! You will see baby gal! I believe you will come through it all for the better for I believe in you. You are an amazing woman. Besides I think a good portion of us have had to deal with the "other woman on the board" thing and it all works itself out one way or the other. Truly, be happy for yourself no matter what. I can tell you from taking the pained ugly route and from the truly non caring route. The indifferent route felt a lot better. Hell it always does.

Truly hon, time is the best thing and getting out there and shaking it all up yourself. Explore the world for yourself. I so wished I lived closer. I bet we would have a lot of fun!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ok, Here is another:

How often have I attributed to myself crimes I have never committed, so that the other person may feel comfortable in my presence.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were...

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Favorite Kahlil Gibrah Quote are:

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.

Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself. They came through you but not from you and though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

altI Like this quoteI dislike this quote “Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.”
    LTF
  • Farkel
    Farkel

Kahlil Gibran: My favorite book of his is "The Prophet." Extraordinary.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit