Confused a little

by jacethespace 6 Replies latest social relationships

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

My heads getting a little messed up lately.My lifes moved on a lot since i attended my short return and last meeting on 1.1.2008.

My jobs going extremly well.And recently got into a good relationship thats getting deep.And i mean deeeeep.Especially today and i wont go into much detail here.

So why the hell do i feel like im still making a mistake walking away from the watchtower.I feel like im being sucked back into a world that i cant trust where the people around me are misled and im becoming more and more corrupted.Is that just the watchtower mind control affecting me or is this really the way it is.

To spell it out i did something today that would get me disfellowshipped and i feel bad.But why?Im not in the watchtower anymore.

Oh well, just needed to vent a few things here.

• happy1975
    happy1975

Hi Jace,

Just try to enjoy the good things that are happening for you in your life (INCLUDING whatever you did today ). You've been indoctrinated in JW beliefs for a long time and it's hard to walk away from it even though you know that the JWs have it wrong. You just have to give it time and immerse yourself in your new life.

-Happy

• sir82
    sir82
    i did something today that would get me disfellowshipped

Hubba hubba!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

To spell it out i did something today that would get me disfellowshipped and i feel bad.But why? Im not in the watchtower anymore.

Guilt remains long after leaving the Watchtower. It's a control mechanism,

• yknot
    yknot
    To spell it out i did something today that would get me disfellowshipped and i feel bad.But why?Im not in the watchtower anymore

Well first .....did you use protection?

Second the WTS didn't invent morality.

Guilt?..... Have you lost respect (umm read-interest) for the other person?

• LDH
    LDH

You've been conditioned to be responsible to MAN for your behavior on this planet.

Luckily for you, that isn't the truth.

So now, when you have these feelings, you can ask yourself, is this a NORMAL feeling that someone who has never heard of JWs would have? If the answer is yes, you're doing pretty well.

If you can self identify issues as abnormal due to JW upbringing, you may need to say some daily affirmations to yourself if you are not interested in therapy.

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Life is about two things, survival (of self and the species) and happiness (of yourself and those you love) do what helps you survive and makes yourself and those you love happy. That thing you did today, did it hurt anyone? Did it make you or someone happy or feel good? Guilt should only be a factor if you hurt somebody or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit