Has anyone ever paid attention to....

by Vachi 8 He Is 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

All the self convincing that takes place regarding god? "god IS good. god WILL do. He SHOWS mercy. If one believes in god and follows then they ARE/WILL be saved etc..." Everything seems to be talking about things in pretense. For someone who has "infinite power" he sure does drag ass. In fact, can we get rid of the term "godspeed" altogether? There doesn't appear to be any swiftness to anything he's supposedly doing. ***Turns on my MP3 player*** Oh I love this song...."I'm tired of being what you want me to be/feeling so faithless lost under the surface/don't know what you're expecting of me/put under the pressure of walking in your shoesssssss/every step that I take is another mistake to you/and every second I waste is more than I CAN TAKEEEEE!"

• choosing life
    choosing life

It can take a llot of self convincing. If we are going to believe in God, it's got to be about how we see him and not what others say or experience. Kind of a personal journey that has meaning to us. No one else's journey is the same.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    In fact, can we get rid of the term "godspeed" altogether?

that made me laugh out loud.

lisa

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Maybe we should just change the meaning? Reverse it as it were!

Are you going to clean out the garage/attic/basement honey? Oh yeah, but I'm moving at 'godspeed' so I will definitely (maybe) be done sometime in the next 120 years!

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I'm going to have to start using the term in that sense. Technically it shouldn't even be offensive to Christian persons, since the Bible does say that 1000 years is but a day to Jehoober.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit