Reunion with Former Bethelite friend

by jesussaves 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Hello Board,

So I had a really good friend go to Bethel years ago and he got put out to pasture like so many others. I procured his telephone number from one of his DF'ed family members and sent him a text message asking if he'd like to make contact with an old friend. Mostly everyone from my hometown knows my ex-JW status, so I didn't announce myself in the text. We went back and forth for a few texts with clues to my identity, until finally he gave in and called. To my SHOCK we ended up having quite a lengthy telephone call.

Oddly enough, we didn't discuss anything JW related. I'm not sure where he stands with the faith but my gut tells me he may be on the way out. Number one, he didn't try to lure me back to the hall, and number two he actually TALKED to me. I know several of his family members are doing a slow fade, so I'm hoping he's on the same track.

Anyway, none of my non-JW related friends understand the joyousness of this, so I thought I'd share it with everyone here!

Blessings,

Tiffany

• mann377
    mann377

Good to hear! You can count that as a return visit.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There's hope

• Gopher
    Gopher

Very cool -- to renew a friendship, and to do it on real terms (rather than like when we were JW's, and we had to kind of make sure our friends were still theocratic enough).

I do hope your old friend is on his way out, it sounds promising. He'll need support - and good information, depending on how far along he is in the process.

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Yes, I agree he'll need much support! I just hate he had to throw away 15 years at Bethel. It seems like such a waste.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    I just hate he had to throw away 15 years at Bethel. It seems like such a waste.

Some of us threw away more of our adult years in the organization than that. Not that it's any solace. However the main thing is that he's getting free and clear while he is still relatively young. He likely has more than 15 years left to live, and hopefully he'll live it to the fullest. Anything is better than living to satisfy the whims of leaders of a pseudo-religious printing firm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit