Letter to a Christian Nation... why religion must go...

by dawg 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I read it about a month ago.. a quick read, but I already agreed with him...

I was hoping to get my JW mom to read... she hasn't agreed yet, but she might.

• dawg
    dawg

Yea, my friends and I were laughing about how the book sounds like we do on a Saturday night having beers... LOL! I did like his point about abortion though...

• megs
    megs

I haven't had a chance to read yet... What's the perspective on abortion?

• dawg
    dawg

a direct quote... On stem cell research

"Lets look at the details, a three day old human embryo is a collection of 150 cells called a blastocyst... There are, by comparison 100,000 cells in the brain of a fly. The human embryos destroyed in stem cell research do not have brains or even neurons. Consequently, there is no reason to believe they suffer from their destruction in any way at all."

"its all worth remembering in this context, that when a person's brain has died, we currently deem it acceptable to harvest his organs".

It is interesting that no one argues with this... but I've seen posters say that destroying embryos is "murder"... LOL!

"Perhaps you think the crucial difference between a fly and a human embryo is that a embryo can become a human..but almost every cell in the human body can become a human"...

Funny I have never thought of that argument, I've always considered the fight for human life to be noble, but cells aren't human, we discard cells each and everyday and almost all of them, including skin cells can become human..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit