Missing books of the bible

by buffalosrfree 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Which books are missing, 1cor.5:9 seems to refer to another previous letter to the congregation in Corinth. and a letter to the congregation at laoidecia (spelling) seems to be missing what else is missing?

• cameo-d
  • Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

A really good book is:

"The New Testament and Other Early Christian Writings: A Reader", Bart D. Ehrman, Oxford University Press, 1998, ISBN 0-19-511192-3

Doug

• jgnat
    jgnat

Try these out.

http://fam-faerch.dk/pseudigrapher/

The first extrabiblical book I read was seriously anti-semitic. I got to understand why the committee would have excluded it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For this, I will blame the early Catholic church for keeping what they wanted to serve their purposes to start the First Dark Ages. They edited much of the Bible, throwing out books that undermined their nefarious purposes. And that's what most of us have to work with, including the mainstream Protestant denominations.

However, I will rightfully accuse the witlesses of tampering with the Bible (again) to serve their nefarious purposes of starting the Second Dark Ages.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Further to my previous post regarding Ehrman's book, I have provided a scan of the Contents page and of 3 Corinthians.

It is available at:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=9f4465249e671828c98a36d8ca327d9d

You have to wait for about 25 seconds for the "download" button to appear.

Part of the blurb on the book says:

The twenty-seven books of the New Testament were not the only writings produced by early Christians. Nor were they the only ones to be accepted, at one time or another, as sacred Scripture. Unfortunately, nearly all the other early Christian writings have been lost or destroyed. But approximately twenty-five books written at about the same time as the New Testament have survived, books that reveal the rich diversity of early Christian views about God, Jesus, the world, salvation, ethics, and ritual practice.

This Reader presents, for the first time in one volume, every Christian writing known to have been produced during the first hundred years of the church (30-130 C.E.). In addition to the New Testament itself, it includes other early non-canonical Gospels, Acts, Epistles, and Apocalypses, as well as additional important writings, such as those of the Apostolic Fathers. Each text is provided in an up-to-date and readable translation (including the NRSV for the New Testament), and introduced with a succinct and incisive discussion of its author, date of composition, and overarching themes.

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit