The desperate plight of women in Afghanistan!

by Gill 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/women-who-took-on-the-taliban-ndash-and-lost-949723.html

Women in Afghanistan are suffering as the country gradually slips back to 'the old ways'.

What to do about it?

I don't really know what the answer is, but ignoring their desperate plight is not the answer.

It appears to me, that their dilemma is made worse by the fact that the Western invaders claim to be trying to help the women and young girls, therefore, the women, in the eyes of the Taliban, have also become the enemy.

• heyfea
    heyfea

Since I read the novel "A Thousand Splendid Suns" I became aware of the situation with women there. The solution is to kill every efin taliban. What the heck is the US doing there? Looking for Ben Laden? Protecting human rights? So far, neither has been accomplished.

heyfea

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think that westerners caused this problem. Long before they arrived, the Taliban have had a hard line policy in applying the laws of Islam to women. Not all Muslim countries share the same viewpoint. The problem lies in changing the Tablian's religious interpretation of the Koran.

Blondie

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think it is so sad, that we had a chance to help women in Afganistan and Bush was so eager to go after Sadam, we missed that opportunity. We could have done so much more in Afganistan with the money we wasted in Iraq. We need to go back and finish the job there. .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit