Door-Knocking (aka Door-to-Door) antics

by Jim_TX 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I don't know why - but the other day, a memory popped into my head. One from long ago.

It seems that I was out door-knocking, in a territory that had a church - most likely Catholic Church. If I remember correctly, either I - or the person I was with - went up to the front door, and left one of the magazines in the front door - for the next person (assumedly the priest) to find.

At the time... I thought it funny as heck - and sniggled about it all the way home - mentalling the person finding the magazine in their door - and wondering where it came from. (Hey - I was a kid!)

Anyway... what sort of antics did any of you pull off? ... that you can type about, that is...

Regards,

Jim TX

• sacolton
    sacolton

I would just pretend to knock on doors and wait for the group to pass me on the sidewalk and then I'd just stand there for awhile before moving on to the next house and do the same thing all over again.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never got to pull any monkey business at the doors, because my partners insisted on hearing the doorbell (the fake ring would never do).

I did pull some monkey business in the car, however. I liked to let the heat out of the car so people would get cold quicker and take longer to warm up. I also fogged up the windows on purpose so they would waste time clearing them. And, if I see them drive by a house or street they are looking for, I keep my big mouth shut and let them waste their time hunting for it.

• Ima Apostate
    Ima Apostate

I went through a gothic phase when I was about 14. Mom and Dad would call me out to the car to go, and I'd surprise them by being in all black with loads of eye make-up, plus my burgundy hair. No time to change, so I'd go door to door looking completely pissed off and miserable. Eventually they stopped making me go!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit