If JWs dont have a "soul"...

by LovesDubs 5 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Then what is this "spirit" that talks to Gods "spirit" that lets them know they are annointed? They arent spirit persons...they are alive still when this spirit interaction thing happens. Isnt that a SOUL? And how do the annointed ones who die help in any way, those who are on the earth if the dead cant communicate to the living? Didnt I also read in the Revelation book that the annointed are guiding from up there some where?

What made me think of that one day on the way to work was that my husband had my youngest cornered in the car last week telling him that there are no ghosts, there are no spirits communicating with the living and people who think so are being tricked by Satan. ugh.....

Does anyone know what passages Im thinking about that seem to indicate that they DO believe in dead people communicating?

• sir82
    sir82
    there are no spirits communicating with the living

There was a "study" WT earlier this year, I think it was January 15, that said that the resurrected anointed ones "somehow" might be involved in "communicating" flashes of "new light" to the anointed ones on earth.

So, your husband has just made himself himself an apostate by contradicting an official WT teaching! Be sure to welcome him him to the club.

• wobble
    wobble

I have a feeling the WT was back in 2007 as I seem to remember reading that s**t in a Day's Text in Jan 08? I know it was a big wake up moment for me, I thought "The've gone beyond silly here and into the realms of blasphemy" I pointed out the instances of this claim that members of 144,000 already in heaven were communicating with those on earth in the WT and Rev Climax book to an ex- Elder who was still attending meetings,as I was then, and he said "If you feel like that about it, leave then" so I did.

Love

Wobble

• Satanus
    Satanus

Rutherford taught that and they taught it in the 60's. Good question, though, how can spirit communicate w nonspirit? They enterpret the human spirit as attitude. We are just electro-mechano-biological machines, according to them.

S

• kool aid man06
    kool aid man06

Here are a couple of references you might enjoy. "Revelation Its Grand Climax at Hand!" page 125 par. 17 ...Yes, that elder could locate the answer and give it to John. This suggests that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today". Here's another even older than the Revelation book "The Finished Mystery" volume 7 of Studies in the Scriptures states on page 144 in explaining Revelation 8:3 "And another angel--Not the "voice of the Lord,"mentioned in the preceding chapter, but the corporate body--The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, which Pastor Russell formed to finish his work. This verse shows that, though Pastor Russell has passed beyond the veil, he is still managing every feature of the Harvest work. "The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society is the greatest corporation in the world, because from the time of its organization until now the Lord has used it as His channel through which to make known the Glad tidings".1917 edition

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I wonder if that CHANNEL can be gotten with Satellite? Have they always NOT believed in there being a soul or was that a post Russell develpment along with the evils of Christmas and Birthdays?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit