God’s Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached

by MadGiant 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

I been wondering if anybody can help me with this?

Where can I find a copy of this book; God’s Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached.

Take care

Ismael

• sir82
    sir82

E-Bay?

• yknot
    yknot

Uploading .... unless Atlantis beats me too it....

I will post link and PM you when it is ready to dl.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

I really appreciate it.

Gracias

Ismael

• yknot
    yknot

All hail the awesome Atlantis.... his link still works!

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=99d767ccfee8ed41ee193e1b7abdb798

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Thanks Ynot. I really appreciate all your work.

Gracias
    Take Care,

Ismael

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Jesus specifically warned at Luke 21:8 not to be sucked in by those who would proclaim that the end is near. This is exactly what the WTS does, ad nauseum.

• middleman
    middleman

I'm curious what's the goodies in this book? I have both the PDF and the hard copy but really haven't read it. All I know is that it talks about the 1874 change because of the 100 years being inserted to fit 1975. Blessings...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The problem with Luke 21:8 is that it almost can be read as a counterpoint to the words attributed to Jesus (and the angel sent by him) in Revelation:

"Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand (ho kairos eggus estin)...I am coming quickly (takhu), and I will reward every man according to what he has done. I am (egó eimi) the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end" (Revelation 22:10, 12-13)
    "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in my name, saying, 'I am he' (egó eimi) and 'The time is at hand' (ho kairos éggiken). Do not go after them" (Luke 21:8).

In fact, it is from Revelation that the Society drew the phrase "The time is at hand/has approached" from, not Luke. That doesn't detract from the merit of Luke's caution (which does not have this same wording in the other synoptic parallels, if I remember correctly), but it should be borne in mind that there is a scriptural precedent for the Society's declaration.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

A difference could be that in Revelation Jesus himself says he is at hand, whereas in Luke, Jesus is talking about others who would presumptously say he is at hand. But both passages could be said to be prophetic 'time capsules' of a sort.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit