How much time between GT and Armageddon?

by cameo-d 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I know some people say its 3 1/2 years, but is there any real scriptural proof of this?

I have heard JWs say its "this close" meaning the events are almost simultaneous. Is there any scriptural proof for this?

Anyone with ideas on this time frame between Great tribulation and the actuality of Armageddon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MPgpK0uHfk

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think that, as sluggish Baghead is, it is apt to be until five minutes after everyone is dead, and then He will just say it's their own fault. That is, if the Great Tribulation ever starts in the first place.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

NONE,IT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I think those things are an ilusion.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

The bible says the GT will last something short of 3 1/2 years, it may be 3 1/2 years from the beginning of it.

Mat 24:21

for then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall.

Mat 24:22

"And unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days shall be cut short.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Revelation 11, 12, and 13 all speak about terrible happenings on earth.

These things are recorded as going on for 1,260 days or 42 months or 3 and 1/2 years.

I believe this is the Great Tribulation which will culminate in Armageddon.

Sylvia

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

As some have mentioned on this thread and elsewhere, ranges from 3.5 to 7 years have been proposed.

However, this is wild speculation.

The source of that speculation, Daniel and Revelation, are both prophetic books.

So, the meaning of the words hour, day, year, etc have relative meanings.

Jesus words in Matthew regarding those days being "cut short" should be balanced with Revelation's warning that "this calls for endurance on the part of the saints" balances the equation.

In other words, it will not be so long that all flesh is destoyed, but not so short that it's over in time period that would be easy to endure.

BA- Honest answer.

• Philippus79
    Philippus79

According to the "chronological model of the Sanctuary", it is 1335 or even 40² = 1600 (flood squared, the 1600 stadia of Revelation14).

According to Michael & Emmanuel the Great Tribulation starts 9/30 2008 and Jesus comes at Pentecost 2012...

http://timeoftheend2008.blogspot.com/2008/08/chronological-model-of-sanctuary-well.html

Phil

• asilentone
    asilentone

What do the Watchtower teach about how much time between GT and Armageddon?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Thanks for all the answers.

I was just thinking since "christianity" has already been so wrong so so many things... that maybe there is something to refute this 3.5 time frame that everyone seems to believe.

What do the Watchtower teach about how much time between GT and Armageddon?

Yeah, I would like to know that too. Do they go along with the 3.5 or do they have some different idea? Notice I said "idea" because I would expect it to be one of their "going beyond scripture". Unless of course, they have a convuluted scripture for it.

From what I heard the JWs expect it to be almost simultaneous. Is that so?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit