Highest likelihood of assassination attempt; Obama or Palin?

by free2beme 8 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

We have in our borders of our country, extreme factions of hatred. From white supremest, to ultra liberal environmentalist. All of which, have proven by their history, a willingness to cause harm against others to get their point across. It is a sad part of American history, that when people disagree enough with those in office, some will act out in ways that we would not approve. Even if we ourselves disagree with the person who was targeted. So you have now, a very volatile election. In which both sides think they have the Holy Grail cure to the future success to this county. Yet, you can not ignore the fact that this is a Black man and a Woman who might one day be sitting at the power seat of this government. Something these extreme groups have long since protested against and even some ultra religious groups are saying is a sign of the end of days, with Obama being the anti-Christ. So what is going to happen? Unemployment is high, passions are high, people are pushing themselves to put their views forward on the Internet and thinking like millions of other people do; that their view is important and must be heard. What happens if that energy, is channeled in the wrong direction. Who do you think is more likely to be the explosion of that negative hate the most? Obama or Palin?

I did not put McCain or Biden. White men in politics, is not that concerning to the average voter.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

I too have thought of this possible outcome. There are plenty of "Aryans" and "Survivalists" that may not want a black man in the President's seat. On the other hand, I hadn't thought that a potential assassination of a white woman would be likely. Why? Because I think that a lot of American's have wanted a white woman as president or at least vice president. I don't think America is ready to embrace a black man as president yet. Let alone one named Barack Obama, it has too much of a Muslim overtone to it. Is America really ready for that? From a psychological perspective, it seems we're fighting Muslims in Iraq, our men and women are dying in a Muslim country and we're about to elect a president with a Muslim name as our president? It doesn't add up.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I am not a person who hates on religion, but I agree, is our country ready to elect a person with that name in a post 9/11 world in which most people think the "War on Terror" is really Christianity against Muslims, at war? His name is Barack Hussein Obama, how will the extreme groups take this. I worry about the reaction, a lot.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Doesn't it seem strange that more people have not questioned the link to Islam where Barack is concerned. If...he is elected, I don't know what will happen. Will America embrace him, or will there be backlash? I don't know.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I sometimes think we are showing ourselves to be a star struck culture. Most people are just seeing a man with a lot of charisma.

• still-fading
    still-fading

Lee Cowan-“When NBC News first assigned me to the Barack Obama campaign, I must confess my knees quaked a bit.” Keep in mind that this is the same guy who famously said on the air that “it’s almost hard to stay objective” when covering Barack Obama. He is all media hype..........invented rock star.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Oh gosh in a New York minute it's going t be Obama. Not because of his So called Islamic background, (I really hate it when this dribble is up for discussion), but some hillbilly is going to shoot him.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

In my opinion, Oh Mama Obama...

There are so many more hate mongering racisits around than there are misogynists in this counttry. The Aryan Brotherhood could hire a Hell's Angel to do it for a kegger. I see the almost defunct KKK doing it just to gain back some of its former glory. Killing a woman is still considered sissy-boy action in this country I think, and would not be tolerated. Women who are convicted and sent to death row RARELY get zapped, gassed, or get injected, no matter how heinous their crimes....Take Rosie Alfaro, my neighbor down the road at Chowchilla Women's Prison http://shutdeathrow.20m.com/photo2.html Stabbed a 9 year old girl 57 times.

If anything, I can see McCain being blasted by some bra burning, card carrying ERA misandrist. This would get a woman in office quicker than the voting process ever could. And it would set up Palin to name another woman vp, so as to keep a neanderthal-ish misogynist from shooting her!

"If either the right wing or the left wing gained control of the country, it would probably fly around in circles." Pat Paulson

• free2beme
    free2beme

I still think it will be harder for a black man to win the over all approval of all 50 states, then a white woman. Our country has come a long ways, sense the time of slavery ... but we still have issues. I think those issues could bubble up in Obama getting whacked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit