Where does your P.O. sit at the KH, at Bookstudy, and at elders meetings?

by BonaFide 6 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I grew up in the "truth" and I always picked different locations to sit in.

But in the past few congregations I have served in I have noticed that the P.O. sits always in an aisle seat, and always near the front, so he can be ready to take over since he is the P.O., after all. Actually, he doesnt sit all that much, he is usually in the back of the Hall talking with other brothers and reading letters and papers.

At bookstudy at the KH, they sat on the platform, while everyone else sat in the seats, presumably so they can see everyone.

But the worst is at elders' meetings, where the P.O. would always sit apart from everyone, and have a table loaded with books, notebooks, letters, papers and folders. As we would comment, he would often shuffle papers and folders. Even when the C.O. would visit, he would try to sit apart from the rest of us.

As has been brought out in other threads, we all told the worldly people that we have no clergy, but no one ever sat in the P.O.'s spot when I was growing up.

What's up with the P.O. in your Hall?

BF

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In the congregation I used to attend, the lead hounder tended to sit with his family in the middle section, just behind the very front. It is the exact same area they always sit in.

Not that I used to get anywhere near there--I prefer the sides. It makes it that much harder for them to hound me if there is a wall on one side (walls themselves do not hound). Sometimes, that wall can be your best friend.

• yknot
    yknot

Wow I have never thought about this....

Every PO has sat in the left section (facing the stage), front row, aisle seat.

BookStudy.... he is conducting from stage, his chair is always the one on my left and the reader on the right.

BOE Meeting.... since I am Y chromosome deficient, I have no clue...(doubt I'd have the patience too).

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Mostly on the toilet, he was over weight fat pig that eat heavily during the day , then when the evenings rolled along

spent most of the time in the washroom.

He just couldn't stay away from that spiritual food

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

Always sits in the left side, middle column, aisle seat about 3 rows from the front. Its hilarious when he gets to the KH and all the aisle seats are taken and he has to sit in the middle with people on both sides of him, he always has a grumpy look on his face.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Right side, 1/2 way back.

• blondie
    blondie

That's interesting, the bs conductors at the hall sat facing the group on the same level, never on the platform.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit