A rant about my JW ELDER(and elder) dad

by Champion 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Champion
    Champion

SORRY, JUST A RANT... So I am speaking with my dad last night and all I want to do is bring up the Best Week Ever ...Jehovah's Witnesses are Still Ridiculous bit, but I hold my tongue because what's the point he's old. Then he begins to tell me about some problems he is having with his leg circulation etc. So he goes to this chiropractor and he tells him to take some vitamins so he decided to call his JW friend who sells Shaklee and order through him. Then he tells his JW friend who sells shaklee and lives near Wakill that he is sending his blood tests to him to have him give them to the JW doctor on the liason committee to look them over and see what can be done. I say dad this is the idiot JW who told me there is no blood in a organ when you take it to do a transplant. What do you possibly expect to find out from him, go to your own doctor. He the of course changes the subject and gets off the phone....WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They live in FEAR of Jehovah and His Executioner. It controls their minds, making them impervious to critical thinking in th realm of religion, the future and faith.

• yknot
    yknot

clayton woodworth lives on.....

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Most JWS will put far more trust in their fellow brothers , for they are in the truth,

problems usually arise though for many reasons, one being that many JWS aren't very trust worthy at all that they present a front of one

as such but given a close examination they are just as prone to corruption as the worldlies.

Another thing which presents problems is their poor educational background, particularly revolving around health issues.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I remember freaking out about the red stuff on plate with rare meat. My elder dad, said it wasn't blood, it was meat juice.

lisa

• Mandette
    Mandette

In the area I grew up in, the obsession was with high colonics performed by Colon Therapists that happened to be Witnesses. There always seems to be some fad in quack medicine that's endorsed by members of the cong. And if it's administered by another Witness, then all the better. It must be okay if it's adminstered by a fellow witness. No formal medical training needed, just being a Witness and promoting a wierd medical treatment was enough.

It's sad and what's worse is that it's(following untrained sham medical idiots in the Dubs) dangerous. I'm so glad my parents aren't like that. But a lot of the Dubs are.

Mandette

• Mary
    Mary
    Then he begins to tell me about some problems he is having with his leg circulation etc. So he goes to this chiropractor and he tells him to take some vitamins so he decided to call his JW friend who sells Shaklee and order through him. Then he tells his JW friend who sells shaklee and lives near Wakill that he is sending his blood tests to him to have him give them to the JW doctor on the liason committee to look them over and see what can be done.

The only vitamin I know of that could help in that area is Vitamin E. However, if he's having circulatory problems in his legs, is it because of Varicose veins? I know my father suffers from poor leg circulation due to this, so his doctor recommended the Compression socks which he wears all the time now. If your father is waking up with leg cramps at night, he should try taking at least 1000mg of Calcium (with Magnesium) a couple of hours before going to bed. It's a natural muscle relaxant and works quite well (I think I inherited my father's lousy circulation because I've woken up numerous times with leg cramps. I find that if I do 2 minutes of stretching before bedtime along with 1000mg of the Cal-Mag, I'm fine).

• Champion
    Champion

Thanks all for responding..You are so right about JW's being afraid of everyone, meanwhile the least educated of all people they try and get advice from, bazar!! Mary..He had a quadruple bypass 10 years ago and they take the veins from your legs. So basically there is nothing that can really be done. Maybe some exercise and massage could help. Because he has nothing except JW bull$hit going on his only extra activities are going to doctors(and trying to witness to them). So this is just the new thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit