Two worlds (the movie)

by pallemar 0 Replies latest jw friends

• pallemar
    pallemar

It's about the ex-withness behind the scenes. and about what he thinks about it.
    but here is the artikel.
    http://www.religion.dk/artikel/279295:Synspunkt--Vi-skal-ikke-latterliggoere-Jehovas-Vidner
    translated by google
    Kristian Molbo
    For a half year ago, I was contacted by Niels Arden Oplev, who wanted to know something about the Jehovah's Witnesses. He was then to make script for a movie with their religious environment as the focal point.
    At the time I was chairman of Suportgroup for former Jehovah's Witnesses. It is an association which has as its purpose to provide aid and support to people who, for one reason or another might have it difficult because of Jehovah's Witnesses. They are typically on the former Jehovah's Witnesses.

The line I had for the association was that our rhetoric should not be hateful and should above all be lying. It should be objective and balanced. There should be room for that also could tell on the good aspects of the Jehovah's Witnesses. All should not just be negative. Most of us had, after all, been there for many years and had both good memories and good friends derindefra, but could equally well be good reasons to leave them. You would of course we also like to talk about.

Niels had exactly the same approach to things. He was well aware that it was too cheap and simplified the production of Jehovah's Witnesses as stupid or callous people and he wanted not to caricature them or make them a laughing stock. It would be incredible. He wanted to portray the environment as it is and show that there in fact is quite ordinary people who just take a fundamentalist philosophy. That was what he told me, and when I saw his last movie dream, I was only confirmed that view.

Niels managed, in my view, to tell things as they seem on both sides of hækken without compromise on the nuances. At the same time, I had a good feeling that he understood what it was about. He could get acquainted with what the Jehovah's Witnesses thought and thought and it was crucial that the project could be successful.

This was the basis for our further cooperation to portray the environment as realistic as possible. I gennemlæste script and gave comments to corrections and clarifications in the dialogues, so it sounded like Jehovah's Witnesses would express themselves. I helped to explain how the Jehovah's Witnesses would react in different situations. I took pictures from rallies and rigssale, images of clothing and decorations, movie clips from the series on youtube mm. I helped to find literature from the Jehovah's Witnesses, which could be used and be inspired, in connection with scenografien and create the right environment for example. a home from the Jehovah's Witnesses. Not least, I helped to provide an introduction to the Jehovah's Witnesses thinking and trosopfattelser.

Niels was very inquisitive and asked questions to the many details and his position was that although there would be some artistic liberties, it should not be possible to point the finger of anything. There should be nothing wrong or løgnagtigt in relation to the portrayal of Jehovah's Witnesses.

The course ran and I took a couple of recordings, where appropriate. For example. I gave direct instructions on how to baptizing and was in the pool, so døberen themselves could try on me a few times. Furthermore, I was involved stævneoptagelserne and so on the train is authentic, because it was a relatively large setup.

Finally, I was invited to see the film a few months before prime time. Apart from a few småjusteringer, it was finished. In the near some småkommentarer I was very impressed. I sat several times with the feeling of being present in the environment. Particularly the scene where Sarah to the three oldest must tell you that she has slept with Theis, I think, very successful. It is my experience that it is difficult to explain to outsiders what is happening in such a situation, but the film showed it just as it was! The well-intentioned care of the elders who do their duty while in reality they exceed some very personal borders of a young man with samvittighedskvaler. Right in the eye!

I must say that the film lives up to my wish not to expose and ridicule Jehovah's Witnesses. It shows the community on good and evil and what happens if they choose to stand outside. Niels has its style was good to get the nuances forward and show karakterernes personality and the fact that Jehovah's Witnesses are being produced with the personality and feelings are really good.

It is all too easy to exhibit a religious community, in the manner emit, as a collection of callous people who simply turns its back on. That is the reality, the reality is that it is quite ordinary Danes, people who love their children and want the best for them. It is also fundamentalist Christians who are willing to cut off from their loved ones, if necessary. In a major cause takes the pain in the certainty that they acted for the sake of God and the community. Two Verdener have caught that message and I am personally pleased that have been created a story that will become even stronger, because it just is credible. It is taken out of a reality which hands right now.

Kristian Molbo, former Jehovah's Witness

google translate is here
    http://translate.google.dk/translate_t#

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit