Is this an obvious sign?

by Hikaru 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

http://www.rttnews.com/ArticleView.aspx?Id=712839&SMap=1&pageNum=2133_4151_1

Picked up by my google alerts like every other news article for those words.... Is that a sign? The first page is really nothing. But the second page being 'find root of problems', 'carry out resolutions'... Could Religion be the root they find, and they're resolution be to ban it, thus have to carry through? x.x

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Hikaru, you should really unsubscribe to those alerts.

I believe there is a scripture that talks about those always seeking a sign or omen (not in a position to properly reference it.) Thats one of the things that witness teaching is good for. They put fear that the end is around the corner and than point to everything as a possible sign. War end is coming, famine end is coming, peace and security end is coming. You get what I'm saying?

• asilentone
    asilentone

I agree with Darth Frosty

• megs
    megs

Hi Hikaru, If I were you, I wouldn't look for signs that the end is here, the Bible tell us that no man knows, and we shouldn't listen to those who prophesize that the end is nere...

Jeremiah 23:16 This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.
    Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
  • Hikaru
    Hikaru

I know... But does that seem like it could be anything?

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have read something in the very distant past, I thought the Big 'A' is coming for sure back then, if I were you, I would not worry too much.

• megs
    megs

To be honest... If you look at the last 2,000 years of history, you can find signs in each generation that the end is near. However it hasn't come yet. It's like preparing for a winter storm... If you live in a cold climate in the country, you keep a stash of food, warm clothes, matches etc. prepared... But you don't spend your day staring at the sky for snow, you just remain prepared so that if the storm comes, you're not caught by surprise. The Bible tells us no human being knows when the end will come, so one can be prepared spiritually, yet not continually look for signs... I hope that makes some sort of sense!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit