OK which one of you knows Pete and Mary- my neighbors

by lrkr 5 Replies latest jw friends

• lrkr
    lrkr

We had our lovely across the street neighbors over about a month ago. Somehow, after a little wine and margaritas, the subject got onto religions. They asked what religion we are (a baited question- they've watched us pile into the car 3-5 times a week wearing a suit for a few years). I explained that I was raised as a Witness but am not active anymore. Sooo, turns out they are good friends of someone on this board- but I've misplaced your number- so if you could just PM me if you recognize the circumstances.

BTW- this was kind of a big milestone for me- talking about being a "former" Witness with people who are friends but were never witnesses. Its liberating to talk about it a little. (I'm still quite embarrassed to discuss it much with too many people- and my wife is plain terrified that the gestapo will come and get me)

• Rooster
    Rooster

They will not come for you. They are to caught up in their own show.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Congratulations on publicly acknowledging being in the former Witness category! That's a freeing and healing step all on its own.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Also congratulations on making non-Witness friends. I've found that while there are challenges, rebuilding a life after the WT can be both fun and liberating.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Making non-witness friends has not been the problem- In fact it probably was one of the things that aided in my escape. But talking about the witness experience with new friends- that was tremendously liberating.

So- no takers yet??

• lrkr
    lrkr

BTW- whats up with me being "Emperor Class" with only 400 posts- I must have missed where Simon seriously lowered the standards here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit