Who Needs a Yearbook.....

by Dino 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Dino
    Dino

with reports like these from the UN about the WT's persecution in foreign lands?

Sorry about this link, open the page and type Jehovah's Witnesses
    in the charter-based bodies database
    < http://www.unhchr.ch/huridocda/huridoca.nsf/By+Symbol?SearchView

Someone giving your religion trouble in another country?
    Sic the UN on 'em!
    These folks (WT) have told alot of lies and the cat is clawing it's way out the bag.

Dino

• sf
    sf

sKally

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

It says this here...

* http://www.unhchr.ch/Huridocda/Huridoca.nsf/TestFrame/a487fe023d3fe5fd8025671b005b82b3?Opendocument

38. Furthermore, according to the Ministry of Defence, special measures are applied in favour of conscientious objectors as regards both the serving of a sentence and the place of detention (see chap. II, sect. A, "The Jehovah's Witnesses"). According to the Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Greek State, despite the provisions of the Constitution relating to defence, has modified its stand by adopting a law providing for unarmed alternative service with certain privileges favouring conscientious objectors. Nevertheless, the conscientious objectors - in this instance, the Jehovah's Witnesses - have refused to wear uniforms, salute the flag or accept the period specified for performing alternative service. The Ministry of Defence claims that the Jehovah's Witnesses, by asking to be exempted from national service, were asking to receive treatment which would discriminate against other Greek citizens. The authorities maintain that the Jehovah's Witnesses must, as Greek citizens, respect the law in force and bear in mind the particular position of Greece, a small State that must protect its territorial integrity. According to the Ministry of Justice, the Jehovah's Witnesses are being prosecuted not for their beliefs but for having violated the law. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs indicated that the authorities were ready to make concessions provided they had no impact on national issues. The impact the Greek authorities seem to have in mind is any impairment of the obligation to perform national service and of the unity of the country.

39. According to the non-governmental representatives, it is necessary for the Greek State to adopt legislation recognizing the right to conscientious objection with respect to military service in order to put an end to infringements of the religious freedom of conscientious objectors, in particular Jehovah's Witnesses, and of their human rights in general within Greek society (see chap. II, sect. A, "The Jehovah's Witnesses"). The well-known Exemption of Ministers of Religion Act (Act No. 1763/1988) should also be fully applied (see chap. II, sect. A, "Protestant minority").

So what I've been thinking all along might to be true...the Watchtower ORDERS the JW's not ot do the alternative service that has been offered to them even tho publicly, in their literature, they say "okay do it".

Lying sacks of useless s**ts...and besides that, they may be falling back to their old tricks; when numbers and converts are down instigate persecution---that always works!!!!

Wow what a link Dino---thanks!!!

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• Dino
    Dino

Thank you Dungbeetle for posting the link! I dont know how to cut and paste. Im so computer challenged. I realize that is alot of reading to slosh through, but I found the timing of all this curious.

The WT of May 1 1996 dealt with "God and the State, Paying Each what is Due". If I remember right, there was a very important article therein that stated that if a JW's conscience concluded that a country's national civilian service is a "good work", he would still be regarded as a brother in good standing. The elders and congregation would fully respect his decision to do so. If they accepted SOME civilian work (if his conscience allowed him to do so once again)the WT indicated christian neutrality could be maintained.

My point is, did the UN require that this option be available to the members of it's NGOs? Did the UN "set policy" for the GB, before the Special Rapporteur of the UN could effectively grill the Greek representative present at the 51st session of the General assembly on November 7 1996? BTW the role of the Special Rapporteur is to "emphasize the development of initiatives and activities that help,directly or indirectly, to protect and/or promote religious freedom and to combat all forms of discrimination and intolerance based on religion and belief."

The WT is so hypocritical because of not being neutral, according to their OWN definition by secretly associating with the UN, and yet putting the brothers through all that.

Perhaps Im all wrong on this, I would appreciate everyone's imput.

Thanks again, Dungbeetle, and feel free to post the other search results as well.

Dino

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit