Mickey Rourke's Comeback

by Preston 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• Preston
    Preston

I read on drudge that the film "The Wrestler" in which Mickey Rourke stars is getting a lot of good buzz and won the top award for best film. I hope his comeback is marked by more good films than bad ones. He is in fact an underrated actor.

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=festivals&jump=story&id=1061&articleid=VR1117991766&cs=1

- Preston

• avishai
    avishai

The "comeback" IMO happened 3 yrs. ago with sin city. His performance in that was stellar, especially under all that makeup.

• Gregor
    Gregor

He has a great screen presence but he has had to make so many turkeys and he is getting a little dog eared. The movie business is a jungle, hopefully he can snag some good character rolls.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Mickey...Is particular,About the roles he portray`s..I like him..........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• dinah
    dinah

Mickey Rourke has always been one of my favorites. When he picks a good movie, he's really good. He was great in Sin City. I loved Angel Heart. I used to think he was soooooo handsome, seems the years haven't been kind.

I hope his movie does well, and he gets the attention he deserves.

• Preston
    Preston
    The "comeback" IMO happened 3 yrs. ago with sin city. His performance in that was stellar, especially under all that makeup.

I can see that Avishai, and he was quite good in that role. I do credit the filmmakers with giving him a staring role in this movie, I think "Sin City" was an ensemble with not one single main performance. - Preston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit