News from Bethel Heavy

by cinnamon1642 224 Replies latest jw friends

• cinnamon1642
    cinnamon1642

• Pioneer hour change is legit. Letters are being mailed out soon to all congregations for announcement in early October right before the tract campaign starts.

Elimination of Circuit Overseers
    • Implementation date 2011 service year
    • Many District Overseer’s and some “Circuit Overseers” are getting along in years and slowing down. There is a need for several more suitable replacements.
    • There is a need to prepare additional brothers to serve as “overseers” in case of persecution and isolation.
    • Presiding Overseers will be trained for additional responsibilities at Patterson “Elders School”.
    • After all Presiding Overseer’s have been trained and before this is implemented there will be a Kingdom Ministry school for all Elder’s.
    • Various Presiding Overseers from around each circuit will visit the various congregations in the circuit.
    • The visit of the “Overseer” will begin Thursday evening. Another meeting will be held Saturday evening and the public meeting will be on Sunday.
    • The “Overseer” will share in service Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with the congregation.
    • Additionally the “Overseer” will have a meeting with the local elders and pioneers.
    • Congregations will receive three visits per year instead of just two.
    • Circuit Overseers can be reassigned as “District Overseers” to fill the need of replacements.
    • Other Circuit Overseers may be reassigned as “Special Pioneers” to assist in the field.
    • Since there will be ample “Circuit Overseers” to replace the needed “District Overseers” the size of the district will be lowered from about 13-15 circuits to around 10 per district. This will enable the “District Overseer” to spend more time with the circuits.
    • There will be more brothers trained to shoulder the responsibility of oversight when persecution breaks out.
    • Instead of having one “Circuit Overseer” assigned to 20 congregations various brothers will be familiar with the needs of different congregations, in order to care for these congregations during the above mentioned difficult times.
    • If a select few congregations became isolated for one reason or another, brothers who are already familiar with overseeing the needs of entire congregations would already be available to assist.
    • If one “Overseer” was persecuted, arrested, etc. there would already be other qualified brothers to take the lead.
    Expansion at Patterson
    • Will start some time after upcoming Wallkill project is finished.
    • Substantial plans have already been filed with Putnam County and Patterson City to obtain needed permits, and the okay has been given to start the project.
    • Several additional office and residence buildings are to be built. The plan is to build as high as the government will allow; likely 5 or 6 floor buildings.
    • Plan is to have HIS, Treasurer’s Office, Convention Office, and other smaller departments move there first.
    • One new office building will be exclusively used by Governing Body, United States Branch Committee, Service, Publishing (Legal), and Writing Departments.
    • Teaching Department will be in new building with Audio Video services with largely expanded studio from what they have right now.

Expansion at Wallkill
    • Likely will start in 2009.
    • After completion plan to have the wood, machine, furniture, etc. shops and electrical, plumbing, and other mechanical training will move to Wallkill.
    • Departments that coordinate RBC’s, KH building and other expansion projects will move to Wallkill.
    http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071129/NEWS/711290360

Brooklyn News
    • Dumbo project in Brooklyn on Jay St has been scrapped.
    • Buildings will continue to be sold. Residents will be moved to the larger buildings.
    • Plan for eventually selling all buildings in Brooklyn between 2015 – 2020.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Interesting. None of that is a surprise to me except the idea that the changes in the CO arrangement will not come into force until the 2011 service year. CO's in the UK finish their 3 year cycle at the end of this service year. I have heard others mention that date as the time when current CO's would be "retired". When do the CO's in the US move round?

• cinnamon1642
    cinnamon1642

The 2011 service year starts September of 2010. I guess that would be enough time for them to get all the PO's through the school. I recall them saying at an Assembly that it would take about 2 years to get them all through.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I predicted this ages ago:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/156897/1.ashx

And what about elders outside the US?

• LisaAnn
    LisaAnn

Maybe I've missed the threads regarding why WTS is moving out of Brooklyn. Do they know something? Are religious properties about to be taxed?

• chickpea
    chickpea
    Plan for eventually selling all buildings in Brooklyn between 2015 – 2020

hmmmmm..... planning is extended to at least 2020

guess "the end" isnt all that close after all

• Gregor
    Gregor

I love the frequent mentions of "persecution". This the buzz word for JWs. They are almost to the point of begging people "please! persecute us for God's sake!"\

LOL, There's nothing they hate worse than simply being ignored. "Jehovahs What?... Oh, them".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

All good JW`s need to be persecuted!..Hit Over Head 2Hit Over Head 2...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Hmmm. very interesting. So, as I understand it now, By then, the title of PO will be non existant. But there also seems to be changes with the CO. I might just add, that PO and CO make up POCO, the band that sing my favorite love song, Crazy love. ( Irelevant but interesting)

It seems that the changes, that never seem to come, are coming, in response to world events and ultimately, finacial and on the ground realities. There is a shift now, in the way things are perceived. This shift, is in response to needs which can't be filled.

This is a response to times, In which the GB have ultimatly ignored, from the stance of having no competition in the marketplace, or they they just didn't have to. Now they have to. This is a good sign! They are hurting. They are trying to streamline as any company does. This is just the begining. Greater things are coming!

• Gayle
    Gayle

How many circuit overseers and district overseers are there now in the U.S.? And what will be the numbers projection after the change?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit