The Kingdumb Melody is not an American Idol audition

by DoomVoyager 8 Replies latest jw friends

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Keeping a straight face during the song is hard enough given the wacky lyrical content; the last thing I need is the "New Sister" standing right behind me and loudly delivering a breathy, lispy, over-dramatic rendition of "Stay Asleep Stand Firm Grow Culty". Simon Cowell is not listening in. Or how about that one guy every hall has who bawls the songs out, painfully out of tune, way louder than anyone else.

• AnneB
    AnneB

Are you saying that you want other singers to be as dull, boring, and uninspired as you apparently are?

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I hope you're not saying that the inane drivel they print as "melodies" is supposed to be anything other than dull, boring, and uninspiring.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg
    Or how about that one guy every hall has who bawls the songs out, painfully out of tune, way louder than anyone else.

That was always my dad. I was amazed, even as a young child, if you stood next to him during the song, he'd suck you into the vortex of way out of tune. He'd f*ck up at least 6 other people around him.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Are you saying that you want other singers to be as dull, boring, and uninspired as you apparently are?

Some folks at the hall stand out because they want to appear more whole-hearted in their singing than others are.

• AnneB
    AnneB
    Some folks at the hall stand out because they want to appear more whole-hearted in their singing than others are.

And some folks at the hall just give it the best they have, "Good" or "Bad". "Whole-souled *as to Jehovah* and not to men"....remember?

Judge not...

• heathen
    heathen

You aint kidding , they all have the cd yet seem to never even practice the songs for the week at home . They insist everybody in the org. sing along whether out of key or not.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

As a pre-teen JW I had a friend whose mom would practice singing the songs the day before the meeting. I recall her having less talent and more treacle coated melody. I guess she could hold a note pretty well. I hit the puberty and sounded like a sick bullfrog. I hated singing those songs.

--Not Singing It

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

One lady in our hall always sang like she was singing opera truely painful to listen to.

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit