Blood doctrine vs. Theocratic War Strategy

by M.J. 4 Replies latest watchtower medical

• M.J.
    M.J.

In some cases, the WTS's teaches that committing an act that the Bible condemns is acceptable if it upholds a higher aim or principle.

One example of this is in the WTS position on lying.

Although the WTS teaches that in general one should not lie, "protecting the interests of God's cause" is a higher aim than always being truthful (6-1-60 WT, P 352)...and so in such a case one can go ahead and lie.

Incidentally, liars, aka "everyone who loves and practices lying" are classed with murderers, idolaters, abominable persons, etc., in the book of Revelation. (Rev 21:8; 26-27; 22:15)...Yet, according to the WTS, there is a heirarchy of commandments and aims involved. Lying is permissible if it upholds the higher aim of furthering God's cause (i.e., protecting the organization).

Conversely, the WTS teaches that the dietary rule regarding the eating of blood must be followed without exception. That the value of human life, or the aim of saving human life does not supercede the carrying out of this rule.

There are other instances where the WTS teaches a sort of heirarchy of commandments. This is just one.

But this principle is only selectively applied.

• sir82
    sir82

One example of this is in the WTS position on lying.

Although the WTS teaches that in general one should not lie, "protecting the interests of God's cause" is a higher aim than always being truthful (6-1-60 WT, P 352)...and so in such a case one can go ahead and lie.

Actually, they get around the lying problem by redefining what a lie is.

According to the "Insight" book, a lie is "giving false infromation to someone who is entitled to know the truth".

So, if someone "is not entitled to know the truth" (such as, oh, say a pesky prosecuting attorney or a television news producer), why, you can say whatever you like and still be in good graces with Jehovah .

• caliber
    caliber

M.J..

according to the WTS, there is a heirarchy of commandments and aims involved. Lying is permissible if it upholds the higher aim of furthering God's cause (i.e., protecting the organization).

Conversely, the WTS teaches that the dietary rule regarding the eating of blood must be followed without exception. That the value of human life, or the aim of saving human life does not supercede the carrying out of this rule.

Most excellent point.. protecting the org is worth more than even your life ! Well said and reasoned !

Caliber

• still_in74
    still_in74

a woman cannot have free choice to end a pregancy BUT - if it is certain the baby will be still-born or she could die then ending the pregnancy is a conscience decision.

Now dont get me wrong, I am not debating abortion, I am only demonstrating how the WTS makes up rules that have absolutely no scriptural foundation.

How is it okay to murder a baby if you know it will mean your death, but it is not okay to take whole blood if you know it will mean your death?

• still_in74
    still_in74
    David justifiably ate the consecrated bread in the temple (which was definitely off-limits) because he was "hungry and in need".

i forgot about that one! Thanks M.J.!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit