The Witnesses are just too small

by free2beme 5 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I honestly do not think, even if the Bible were real and Christianity was not a joke, that the Witness are a big enough organization to represent any significant part of any prophesy. I think that a sign of any good cult, is to try and make their small numbers actually seem like they matter. When in reality, much of the world has no clue who they are and those who do, do not even care about them or see them as anything other then a group of nut cases.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I agree, it's the very tiniest of Earth's populace. A community of 6 or 7 million against the backdrop populace of 6 or 7 billion. Butt.....

The witnesses will just turn around and say. Ya, but in Noah's day, there were only 8 riteous people, and God saved them. Or.....

They may point out the cities of Sodom and Gomorah where only, Lot and his daughters were saved. It will always be the same story.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Small in numbers and small in influence. Sure, they talk about how the Botchtower is recognized worldwide and in so many languages.

But, Coke and Pepsi are even better recognized than any JW litteratrash. So, I guess that means that Hojovah is less powerful than a sugary, caffeinated American beverage.

B the X

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how the witlesses compare with a MLM like Herbalife. And Herbalife isn't even about saving lives--all they want is to sell herbs that make one lose weight (and gain it all back later).

If most brand names are more widely recognized than the witlesses, they are going to have a miserable time getting people to think they are the only true religion.

• Gladring
    Gladring

I too came to this sad realisation.

A month or so back there was a discussion on a national radio station about the media reporting too much bad news. I sent in a text message (I'd never done this before) saying something along the lines of "One reason why the media should be balanced about reporting good/bad news is that some religious groups use the abundance of bad news to support their apocalyptic predictions."

Well I was over the moon when the presenter read out the message. It was the first one after the ad break. But then he just said "But who really cares about religious groups and their apocalyptic predictions?" And I realised, he is right. The issues we face as ex witnesses and trying to raise awareness of them are really not significant in the world at large. A lot don't understand. But I think most don't really care a whole lot. Most people are smart enough to realise that no one religion has all (if any) of the answers.

Anyway, that put me back in my place

• free2beme
    free2beme

Very true, always plenty of Chicken Littles yelling the sky is falling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit