WT- Put it in writing, prove it!!!

by love11 7 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• love11
    love11

I am asking anyone that can to write the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Jehovah's Witnesses and ask them to change their policies on reporting child abuse.

1. They state that they do report child abuse.
    TRUTH- They report the abuse to their own elders and do not contact law enforcement. If the parents take the matter into their own hands and contact law enforcement, they are disfellowshipped.

2. The reason for not contacting law enforcement about physical or sexual abuse is that they believe that the bible says it is wrong to take a brother to court.

3. Their policy is that a child has to have two to three eye witnesses to witness the abuse going on before they will believe that child is telling the truth.
    TRUTH- Very rarely will a child be abused in the presence of two three eye witnesses and so the abuse will continue for years.

4. They continue to state that this was the policy of the past and that the present policy states that the elders will report abuse as soon as they know about it.
    TRUTH- Their are thousands of children and children who are now adults who state that this abuse is still going on and not being reported. To hear about current reports go to http://www.silentlambs.org/

As of today, the organization has yet to provide written documentation of their new policy change showing that a change has indeed been made. Instead, they send out two elders (representatives) of the organization to provide verbal "proof" that their policy has changed. Which is smart on their part because in a court of law the conversation between you and the two elders will be heresay.

Please help these innocent victims who are surrounded by adults that will not report this CRIME to law enforcement. And many times, the child is forced to go to the kingdom hall and sees their abuser several times a week. This is abuse of power and must be stopped. Join me in writting a letter to this organization and asking them that they make their policy be known in writting as well as stating the consequences of any elder who does not follow this so called "new policy" of reporting the abuse....if their indeed is one.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society,
    Jehovah's Witnesses, and all entities.
    25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201-2483

****************WT Society if you are reading this********************

Just like any other company in America has to show documentation of their policy when asked, you should too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you cannot provide proof of your NEW policy verses your OLD policy, then it can be said that their is NO POLICY and you are guilty of hiding child molestation, rape, incest, beating, and torture; therefore an accomplice!!!!!!!!!!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I think your premise is good but some of your 'factual presentation' is not completely accurate.

1. They state that they do report child abuse.
    TRUTH- They report the abuse to their own elders and do not contact law enforcement. If the parents take the matter into their own hands and contact law enforcement, they are disfellowshipped.

In reporting states, they do report to law enforcement. About 6-8 months ago, a JWD posted presented a very interesting scenario that he himself was involved with. As best I recall, he was troubled by the reporting methods because while it was made to law enforcement, it was an anonomous call from a non-tracable payphone. The person on the other line explained that they were then limited in what they could do because of this method.

Also, disfellowshipping for the victim and/or victim's parents is not automatic. I believe they elders are actually counselled to let the family make their own conscience-guided decision. Of course, reporting may be viewed as 'contentiousness', 'causing divisions', gossiping, etc, but the act of reporting in and of itself is not grounds for disfellowshipping.

2. The reason for not contacting law enforcement about physical or sexual abuse is that they believe that the bible says it is wrong to take a brother to court.

In my own family's multiple court-involvements, there was much more emphasis on 'bringing reproach upon Jehovah and his organization' than taking brother to court. It's the recurrent theme of protecting WTS image that causes the society to attempt social/emotional sanctions on families that do not keep quiet about the abuse. Protect the org at every turn.

Just like any other company in America has to show documentation ...

The WTS believes it gets its authority from a much higher source.

They don't. But they like to think they do.

I agree completely. It's time to hold them accountable for their actions.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Here's the link to the thread I was mentioning: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/147141/1.ashx

-Aude.

• besty
    besty

I will state up front I'm not an expert on their policy <Barb where are you?>

3. Their policy is that a child has to have two to three eye witnesses to witness the abuse going on before they will believe that child is telling the truth.
    TRUTH- Very rarely will a child be abused in the presence of two three eye witnesses and so the abuse will continue for years.

I believe the policy to require two witnesses. This could be composed of:

the victim + the perpetrator admitting guilt

or

2 different victims of same perpetrator (not neccesarily admitting guilt)

The key question to ask WTBTS is what other crimes do they treat as spiritual sins to be dealt with by an internal quasi-judicial process - interviewing alledged victims, confronting said victims with alledged perpetrators etc, and otherwise having untrained amateurs riding roughshod all over potential criminal evidence

If they found a JW murdered in the KH and another brother standing over the body with a gun in hand would they deal it with it internally or call the cops?

• besty
    besty

In fact their policy is in two parts:

1 - For rank and file: Some feel good puff pieces in the Awake! about how to protect your child - the same publishers also tell the rank and file to have unquestioning obedience for the elders, treating them with double honour etc <can you see a potential for elders to abuse this?>

2 - For elders: Call the Legal Dept

• jamiebowers
  • love11
    love11

Thanks everyone for fine tuning the points I was trying to make. The WTS does need to put their "policy" in writing for ALL to see. That way, when an elder goes against the WTSs policy they can be held accountable and the policy can be referred to in making decisions. But when it comes to child abuse, I don't think that they should even need to spell out ground rules because it should be common sense to report this crime to law enforcement. However, the WTS does need to spell this policy out in writing because it has been so grossly abused. Hopefully then, any child abusers will know that the WTS is not messing around and they will report this crime. In my own case, the elders told us not to tell anyone. We had child services over our house several times and each time we lied, even though we were covered in bruises and scars from beltings. My sister was raped by an elders son; nothing was ever done to him and my sister was told to cover up her boobs. Only when the same boy later raped another elders daughter was he finally disfellowshiped. However, he did not go to jail. My 17 year old friend was disfellowshipped for "dating" a 40 something year old elder. The elder just had to give up his position in the congregation. That girl is now raising her family on her own and the elder is now an elder again when he should have been thrown in jail for statutory rape. My other friend's dad was an elder and in the 144,000. He would give her bare butt spankings over his lap when she was in her late teens. I could keep going but I think you get the point. This is a problem in that organization and it needs to be dealt with. Look at their fruits. Protect the little children as Jesus would. Look at their fruits.

• love11
    love11

Just wanted to add. When a company cares more about their appearance than caring for their members, it is only a matter of time before that company goes out of business. Take care of the little children and then you will LOOK better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit